Chapter 5

Angels Pov:

I knocked on the door cautiously regretting coming immediately. "Oh hey Angel, come in. Want some beer? Wine? Coke?" He asked. It was weird being friends with Vox. He was always an asshole to me in Val's presence, but I know that wasn't his choice. Val would kick his ass if he saw him being all friendly with his sluts.

"I'm good, thanks." I said knowing that Charlie would have a fit if I came home late drunk. That reminds me, I promised to text her. I quickly did that and Vox laughed. "Telling your mom you'll be home late?" He asked. "Basically. Charlie wants me home by midnight and if I'm not I have to text her." Vox laughed even harder.

"So what did you want to show me?" His eyes lit up. "Oh yeah! Come with me." He said. He led me through a dark hallway and into his room. On his nightstand was a baggie of small pills. "Oxy?" I asked picking them it up. Why would he want to show me oxy, you can just go into any store and buy it super cheap here? "Nope. Look closer." He said grinning wider than I'd ever seen. One side was shiny and metallic. Sort of like a... wait. No fucking way.

"Are these Angelic? Do these actually kill you?!" I exclaimed with joy. Finally an escape. "Yep. One pill can kill you in seconds." He said keeping the giant grin.

All of a sudden it hit me. Vox isn't selling these. He's going to take them. And he wants me to take them too. He saw the look on my face and patted the bed next to him for me to sit. "I guess you figured out why I showed you huh? Listen, I've wanted this for a long time now. And I know you have too. It's a quick painless death. Of course, I would never make you. But I'm gonna do it with or without you. I'm gonna take 2 just in case one isn't enough. There's 8 more left after that. I'll leave you them, you can choose what to do with them. If you want to take them, kill someone, give them to someone, it's up to you. But this is my goodbye. I'm gonna take them after you leave." He said looking down.

I searched my mind for words. How do you even respond to that. I thought about Charlie. She would be devastated. And nuggs. What would happen to him? Cherri would be upset too. Val would probably lose his mind, which also affects the rest of my coworkers. I wondered if Husk would care. I don't think he would. But I kind of want him to.

"Vox... this is all a lot. I don't know yet. Are you sure about this? What about Velvet?" He looked ashamed for a minute then spoke. "She'll be okay. And I've made my mind. You're not gonna be able to talk me out of it, sorry Angel." He said offering me a little smile. I wanted it too. But I have to say some goodbyes.

"I'll take them too, just not tonight. I want to say my goodbyes. I'll miss you Vox. Thank you." He smiled at me and I felt obligated to smile back.

A sense of sadness washed over me that we're this excited for death. I had thought about suicide a lot when I was alive, but I was never able to actually do it. I just let the drugs slowly finish me off. When I wound up in hell I tried twice in my first week. The first time by slitting my wrists, the second by jumping off a giant building. I fell asleep and when I woke up I was back in hell, right here I was when I died. I felt so trapped I almost tried a third time.

Then I met Val. He made me feel safe and so fucking beautiful. I was never allowed to be with guys when I was alive without people yelling at me saying I would rot for it. But he made me feel so welcome and loved. He built my trust up to crush it.

"I'll miss you too Angel. Good luck, with whatever you end up choosing." He hugged me tightly, and I genuinely felt cared about. "I have to get to the hotel before Charlie loses it," I said with a laugh. "Let me know if you decide not to!" I called on my way out. But I knew he wouldn't change his mind.

I knew by the time I got back to the hotel, Vox would be dead.