Chapter 2: Not Just Anybody

[ DATE: 7/22/2032 ]
[ A few hours prior.. ]

It is now a new day, with the sun rising as its golden rays ever gleamed brightly through my bedroom curtains.

Following the sunrise is then the chirping of birds, along with the sounds of restless footsteps and chattering just outside my dorm door.

I gradually snap back into my conscience albeit keep my eyes closed, still lying in my bed as I take a moment to mentally prepare myself.

"Ah.. Good morning.."

I lousily greet myself with a rough, almost inaudible, morning voice. A slight headache pulses through, my eyes then being greeted by the peeking sunlight - much to my discomfort.

"Jeez, what time is it..?"

I wondered, lazily reaching over to grab my phone to check the time - which turns out to be just 10 minutes shy of 6 in the morning.

"(Probably explains the headache..)"

As much as I would've wanted to head back to sleep though, I thought that I might as well get on with the day, seeing as I've already sat up.

A yawn escapes my mouth as I get out of bed, rubbing my eyes - which oddly still had a lingering sense of irritation, despite me having already faced away from the window.

Considering I already had a headache though, I decided not to think too much of it as I unlocked my phone - proceeding to aimlessly scroll through social media as I paced toward my bathroom.

"Tch, my eyes keep stinging, what the hell.."

I said, my eyes still feeling like they were being stung as I brushed my teeth - prompting me to finally look into the mirror, revealing red around the edges of my eyes.

"..Huh?"

My eyebrows arch down slightly as, my head shaking in curiousity and partial forgetfulness of the news from last night.. until..

*BEEP!*
"..Hm?"

A peculiar notification runs across my phone screen, which I quickly clicked on as I finished brushing my teeth.

"An official update.. from Minji.."

- and a rather lengthy one at that, spanning many topics, from confirming NewJeans' disbandment, giving thanks to all the Bunnies, and stating how her heart and family will still always belong to NewJeans - all accompanied by photos that spanned their various journeys and eras as a K-Pop icon.

[ 그동안 우리를 지지해준 토끼들에게 감사드립니다!! ]

"Ah.."

I pause, taking a deep breath - my mouth opening afterward albeit at a loss for words, with my eyes widening as well.

"I remember now.."

[ 나는 단지 다른 사람들에게 최선을 다하길 바랄 뿐입니다! 하니, 다니, 해린, 혜인을 위해! ]

And alas, as I traced over the heartfelt words Minji had written out, all the memories of last night, seemed to rush back to me in an instant overflow of emotions - despite me trying my best not to let such an announcement get to me or my feelings.

"I.. must've cried myself to sleep, heh."

I say jokingly, shaking my head with a forced chuckle as I was unsure if that was really the case, although I assumed it to be.

I stood idle for a few moments more, my mouth tensing slightly as it began to frequently change between a blank expression and frown - doing so for a second or two more before I go to scroll further to finally finish Minji's post.