Missing

53-year-old Helle and Aksel Olesen were last seen in their home on Krwllet Lane in Kellatiz City, Denmark. Their children Hedy Olsan and Isaac Olssean were not found on the scene either, though it was observed they had been there all week and would often travel to visit their parents once every three weeks, as well as their relatives and friends. If you have any information about the whereabouts of the four members of the family please call this number: 801 820 0263

"They got our surnames wrong!" Hedy stabs at the hologram newspaper, sighing.

"Is that all you're concerned about? We killed our parents!" Isaac flips through it. "Oh great, page 34 has our photo on it! And they picked the ugliest photo of me where I'm glaring. Perfect!"

"We didn't kill our parents. The Atticus did. It was living at our house all this time."

"Whose fault is that?"

"Not mine becauseDad ordered it for me when i was little."

"Don't let's talk about that... look at the GPS."

They are wading through the woods, wearing clothes that don't stand out much — a green velvet smock top, cream shorts and sturdy lace-ups; off-white T-shirt, beige khakis and worn through boots. They are walking and walking and walking and yet not getting anywhere.

"Is your friend's house at the back of beyond or something? We've been walking hours!"

"It's just here, I'm sure." But the GPS still doesn't have good signal so Hedy can't be too sure.

"Let's sit down for a bit! These shoes are rubbing my heels raw." 

"You should have worn your sneakers then."

"You're so stupid, Hedy. Why would I take my best sneakers when we're running away? We have to inconspicuous."

At the word stupid, Hedy heard a growl behind her. It could just be a bear or a wolf, which is a terrifying thought in Itself. But Hedy is sure she knows who is making that noise.

"What does that mean?" 

"We can't attract attention, dumbo. Honestly, I thought you were meant to be smart! Aren't editors supposed to be clever? I can't understand how you ever got that job, you're so brain dead. It's all your fault the Atticus killed them. If only you hadn't been whining when we were eating Ol-"

"YOU should have been whining in my opinion. You didn't try to stop them killing her. I thought you loved Olga! I thought you wanted to marry her? What happened?"

"If you must know I didn't love love her. I just said that so Ma and Pa could get off my case. I was blackmailing her into being quiet because she was working against the government and I was gay so it worked well for both of us and and we could have got married yes. But when I saw the parents didn't approve I instantly calmed down."

"Wait back up. You're what?"

"Not getting married."

"Because you're gay?"

"Because Olga's dead."

Hedy rolls her eyes.

"Don't act smart with me. You're gay right?"

Isaac looks at Hedy sideways.

"You don't approve?"

"Well ... I just don't approve of an innocent girl getting killed — and don't repeat that stuff about working against the government. The government is shit."

"Well I agree with you on that one... And I'm sorry Olga had to die. I truly cared about her at one point and I just couldn't react when Mother stabbed her like that. It was horrible having to eat her b—" he breaks off and stands still, sniffing.

"There's a human here."

"What? Really? We can ask for directions! Come on!"

They walk further into the woods. The smell is stronger now, sweet and fresh like a flower.

They suddenly spot a person hiding beneath some ferns and old leaves. She's so dirty they can only see her bright blue eyes through the mud. Her body is caked in it like a long natural dress. Suddenly she starts to run. Isaac is faster than Hedy, mostly because they do special training at his government job. He catches up to the girl easily and picks her up. Then he realizes she's naked under the mud and drops her, wiping his hands on his t-shirt in disgust. 

Hedy catches her before the girl cam run. The poor person looks terrified, shaking like the leaves she was found under.

"It's ok, we just wanted to ask for directions. Have you seen a house in this forest?" 

The girl nods mutely and looks at the ground. When Hedy sets her down she rubs her nose on it and then starts walking slowly. Well crawling. On all fours. Like an animal.

They walk for so long it's night time before they reach a house.

"Here." The girl croaks.

Isaac and Hedy both stare at her in astonishment.

"Here? But this isn't the house I remember?" Hedy knocks on the door even so.

When she looks down at the girl she's gone.

The door crashes open from the weak force of the knock.

Hedy and Isaac step inside. There is darkness all around. Hedy fiddles for the light switch but there isn't a wall around, just air. She reaches further in — and trips. The hole she falls through pulls her in so it's more floating rather than falling. The darkness gradually lightens until it's so bright it's almost daytime again...