Chapter 9 - The Incoming Sports Festival

I laid my head down and closed my eyes quietly while everyone else talked about the USJ incident.

"Everyone, be quiet and sit in your seats! Homeroom is about to begin!" Iida announced, standing at the front of the class.

"We're all in our seats, except you." Sero pointed out. Iida shamefully sat back down in his seat, grinding out the words 'Damn it,' while Uraraka told him 'Don't sweat it.'

"I wonder who's gonna teach homeroom today?" Mina said, then the door slid open to reveal our homeroom teacher engulfed in bandages.

"Morning," Aizawa said through the bandages on his face.

"Aizawa-sensei, your back too soon!" Most of the class shouted.

"You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari exclaimed. Iida raised his hand.

"So you're alright, Sensei?" Iida asked as Aizawa walked in.

"Do you call that 'all right?" Uraraka asked.

"My well-being doesn't matter."

"It does to us. Sensei, you're not just our teacher, you're like our second parent. Your well-being does matter to us," I mumbled through my closed eyes while everyone agreed with me.

"All right. More importantly, the fight is not yet over," Aizawa said, and the class had a variety of reactions.

"The UA Sports Festival is drawing near." The entire class cheered after this announcement.

"That's a super normal school event!" I opened my eyes a crack bit after hearing about the Sports Festival. Kirishima cheered but was stopped by Kaminari.

"Is it really okay to have a sports festival so soon after villains snuck in?" Jirou asked.

"What if they attack us again or something?" Ojiro added.

"Apparently, they think of it as UA showing their crisis management system is as solid as rock by holding the event. Security will be strengthened to five times as much.  Above everything, our sports festival is a huge chance."

"It's not exactly an event to be canceled by a few villains," I muttered.

Everyone glanced at me, including Aizawa.

"Exactly." Aizawa agreed before continuing. "Our sports festival is one of Japan's greatest events. In the past, the Olympics were called 'festivals of sport,' and the whole country was crazy about them. Now, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the UA Sports Festival."

"All the top heroes around the country will be watching it, for scouting purposes!" Yaoyorozu uttered excitedly.

"After we graduate, we'll join a pro hero agency and become a side-kick," Kaminari said while getting teased by Jirou about becoming an eternal side-kick.

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to become a pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. Don't slack off with your preparations!" Aizawa announced.

"Yes sir!"

"Homeroom is dismissed."

-------

At lunchtime, everyone was thrilled about the upcoming sports festival and joining a pro hero agency, completely forgetting about the villain attack.

"Everyone's into it," Midoriya said. I glanced at his growing conversation with Iida.

"You're not? We have enrolled here to become heroes, so of course we would have to get fired up!" Iida said while doing hand chops.