two

park minseo

I stopped in front of my room and dropped my bags on the ground. Room no. 127. Lovely.

What if my roommate will be douche? What if he is a nerd and reports me? All of the worst scenarios played in my head even before touching the door handle.

I took a deep breath and entered without knocking. It was, unlocked?

I stepped in and scanned the fairly spacious room. There were two beds facing me on each side of the room with nightstands. There was a long desk with two chairs in front of the window, separating the two beds. Natural sunlight and a "nice" view while studying? I'll take it.

We even had our dressers? This place was fancy. I didn't even mention our own bathroom and small kitchen. This was heaven.

Minus the fact I live with a man. Gladly, he wasn't here.

The first interesting thing was that he didn't use my half of the room. I figured a typical guy would celebrate that he has a room of his own. Or at least have clothes piled up on the free bed.

I sighed and sat on my bed. The sound of the clock scratched my brain in the worst way possible as I thought about my life from now on.

I never heard the sound of the clock before.

Will it be this quiet all the time?

I started unpacking the half empty suitcases I brought only because I was ashamed of having little to no stuff.

My phone rang.

I ignored it as I knew who was calling. Nobody else would call me anyway.

My mother.

I got up, left all my belongings on my bed, and shut the door behind me. I didn't need to disguise myself just yet as everyone had a 2 pm class right now. I exited from the back door in the lobby as Jiwoong instructed earlier. I walked out to a narrow alley which looked kind of creepy even during daylight.

I hope I won't need to use this back door as often.

I sighed as I walked around campus.

Girl giggling with boy.

Boy showing off his girl to his bros.

Couple enjoying lunch under a tree.

This was utterly disgusting.

I hate love and now I am surrounded by it. Love doesn't exist. And school campus is the last place where I wanted to witness it every single day.

I didn't go out much in my home town. I wasn't really exposed to any type of relationship besides the one I had with my parents.

'Minseo? Is that you?'

I turned around to see a familiar face. The wind blew his hair around as he smiled at me with his eyes.

'Gyuvin, it's you,' I smiled softly.

As the wind moved my hair out of my face, Gyuvin's face dropped. 'What's with that scratch? What happened?' he stepped closer.

Scratch? I touched my cheek gently. I already forgot about it. It was a usual occurrence in my household.

'Nothing, it happened during moving out,' I presented rather believably.

Gyuvin gave me a questionable look but then smiled. 'Oh, do you remember the psychology student I talked about? Matthew hyung!' he waved and shouted at someone.

I turned around in confusion to see a shorter guy walking towards us with a tall male walking beside him.

'Yo, Gyuvin. What's up?' he smiled widely.