three

park minseo

It's been an hour. It felt like a whole day.

I wanted to climb out of the window and just faceplant the pavement. Hanbin gave up on knocking after ten minutes. I was relieved he wasn't as persistent as he looked like.

I sighed and decided to just open the door. Maybe he already forgot I am in here? Or left for dinner? I was being delusional, but it was the only thing keeping me sane in this situation.

I unlocked the door and slowly peeked. However, the door wouldn't open all the way. I glanced at the ground to find Sung Hanbin sitting on the ground, his back against the door. His eyes were closed. Did he fall asleep while waiting for me to open?

I wanted to close to door again, but then he moved. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, catching me practically staring.

'Hey,' he smiled at me.

Why was he being so nice? After seeing him changing, well half-naked, and locking myself in the bathroom I would think of myself as crazy.

He moved out of the way and slowly stood up. I closed the door behind me and awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do.

'Do you feel better?'

'What?' I asked in confusion.

'I figured you were embarrassed. I thought you would come out sooner or later,' he smiled again, showing his whiskers.

I blinked twice in confusion as Hanbin just casually sat behind his part of the desk, opening a notebook.

'Did you tell-'

'I didn't tell anyone,' he said, not looking at me, just writing on the paper.

'Why? It's against the rules,' I sighed and sat on my bed.

'Because you wouldn't be here if you didn't have a good enough reason for it. I don't think any of the girls would ever agree to live in our dorms. Even for money,' he chuckled.

'It can't be that bad,' I scoffed.

Hanbin giggled. 'You should consider yourself lucky. I am quite a neat person. Not like other majority of guys here.'

I scoffed again. I stared at him until he looked at me in confusion. 'You are too calm. Where's the catch?' I asked.

'There is no catch, Minseo. I don't mind living with you,' he smiled at me.

'Won't you blackmail me or something?'

'You want me to or something? Why would I do that?' he laughed.

It sounded too good to be true.

He sighed. 'Look, I won't tell anyone. I assume Jiwoong knows already.'

I nodded and laid down. Why did he act so angelic? I didn't buy his act.

'What happened to your face?'

I looked up. He was still writing in his notebook, his lamp was now on as the sun was slowly setting.

'It happened when I was moving,' I lied yet again.

'Do you expect me to believe that?'

I sat up, alarmed. He still wasn't looking and just wrote. Seriously, who was he?

I scoffed, scared he would catch on. 'Why is it so unbelievable?'

'Because the scratch is perfect and long. As if something broken wnd sharp was flying high speed at your face.'