Fate & Destiny

Laughing giddily, Tadashi ran towards the tower and stared at the rock build.

"This shouldn't be so hard," he said, stretching himself before climbing the tower. When he neared the top, looking back one more time to make sure that crazy robot didn't find him, he rushed to pull himself across the sill. His two feet landed on the ground and he slammed the door shut. Panting, he held himself up with the sill to catch his breath. He didn't need much time because he was excited.

Pulling the satchel off of him, he peered inside. The crown sparkled and Megabot's grinned up at him. "Yes," he said breathily. "Finally."

Something hard connected with the back of his head with a thud. Then someone squealed and ran as he fell unconsciously to the floor.

Peeking from behind the mannequin, (Y/N) stared at the boy in front of her. She has never seen another human being besides her father in her entire life. This event was sort of freaking her out. Curiosity taking over her, she inched towards the boy, keeping a distance to make sure he wouldn't wake up and come at her. Mochi was right beside her.

Slowly, she stood next to him before prodding him with the frying pan she randomly grabbed when she saw the boy appear in the window. He didn't react. She was thinking whether or not she should hit him again, when Mochi pawed at her for attention. He bared his fangs, reminding her of what her father said.

Pushing jet black strands of hair out of his face with the handle part of the pan, she pushed on his upper lip to check if he had fangs at all.

She was surprised when she saw that he had teeth that look similar to hers. She looked back at Mochi. He shrugged.

Looking back at the boy, there was something about him that she found intriguing. He looks about her age, eighteen most likely. The boy had a skinny frame, but he was fairly tall. Unruly black hair covered his face. She stared at him for a bit until his eyes flew open. Startled, she hit him again with the pan.

He fell back into unconsciousness.

Figuring out what to do, (Y/N) looked around the tower. Her eyes landed on her floating lights painting.

"Mochi," she breathed, a crazy idea forming in her head. "This, this might seem, well, this is totally crazy, but... but what if he can take me to the lights?" she told the cat. The cat blinked at her.

Has anyone taught her about stranger dang- oh right, she's been locked up here, Mochi thought. He shrugged, not wanting to crush her hopes.

Tiptoeing, (Y/N) made her way to a chair when she heard a faint call. Mochi stiffened in alert.

"Father," (Y/N) whispered. She looked frantically around the room, not knowing what to do.

At his fourth cry, (Y/N) ran to the window and threw it open. "Just a minute Father! I was candle-making and it's a mess up here! Let me clean up!" she lied. Then she rushed back in and dragged the boy to the next room, where she pushed him underneath Callaghan's bed.

"Mochi, if he wakes up, knock him unconscious again," she instructed the cat. The nodded and bared his claws. (Y/N) cringed. "Not like that-"

"(Y/N)?!"

"Coming Father!"

When her father was up, (Y/N) noticed the boy's satchel on the ground. Making sure her Father wasn't looking, she kicked it underneath the closet.

"I have another surprise for you (Y/N)!" Callaghan exclaimed.

"I do too," (Y/N) mumbled.