Chapter 14: First Kiss

Yu Karina's POV

The weekend was incredible. On Sunday, Minjeong, Shotaro and I went to the movies. We spent almost all day there and watched two films, one comedy and the other animation. It was just wonderful to spend that time with them both. I begin to understand better how everything seems light between her and me, and the reason that I was very much in love with this woman for a long time.

Minjeong is exceptional. Literally. Good wife. Great mom. Also, a human being who does you good with ease.

I could never imagine that person in the past. She was totally unbearable, irresponsible, and immature.

The years, they have really changed her.

A brief summary of these days since we entered into a common agreement is that the atmosphere seems light. Minjeong and I decided to talk to our son about my amnesia. He was confused at first, but he is too smart for a child and understood.

He said he was willing to help me with the memories, and he was also happy that I still loved him. How could it be otherwise? He's a wonderful child.

I feel lighter after the conversation we had with the little one. I needed to take that step too. Who knows, I may not be able to recover my memories? My doctor and therapist have agreed that they can help.

By citing them, unfortunately my memory remains the same. But therapies with Dr. Brooke have helped me a lot. I'm feeling lighter.

"You ready? Ah... wow..."

I turn around quickly when I hear her voice. A smile appears on my lips to see her seem unresponsive. I like to know that I still cause this in her, even after all the years we spent together. I may not remember, but it does my self-esteem good.

"Like it?"

"Impossible not to like something about you. But you look wonderful. I... wow..."

She makes some hand gestures and closes her eyes, sighing. Minjeong looks at me again before she turns and leaves, almost running away from me. I let out a little laugh, pleased by her reaction.

"I got it."

I mumble to myself, looking at myself in the mirror again. The tight outfit highlighting all my curves in a sensual way. It makes me feel like a real woman.

Today is bachata day.

** **

As has become the custom, it was her who brought me to work. Together we also speak with my students and people who work with me about my situation. I am grateful to have her by my side at these times. Minjeong has shown herself to be a very important person, as a pillar in my life. And I will never know how to repay everything she is doing for me.

My feelings towards her are confused at the moment, but one thing is for sure, I don't hate her anymore. There would be no way to deny this fact. I am beginning to see the exceptional person that everyone around me has said that Minjeong has become. Our relationship is different and has improved every day.

I hope we stay that way.

"Karina." Jake, my new receptionist calls as soon as I get to my studio. I look at him and walk towards him, with Minjeong on my heels. "Good morning, ladies."

"Good Morning."

"Good morning, Jake. Has something happened?"

I question, leaning over the counter. He nods in agreement before telling me what happened.

"Jaehyun called earlier saying he won't be able to come. Something happened at his daughter's school."

"Something serious?