Chapter 31: Moments

Karina's POV

I'm looking forward as I'm waiting outside. Almost an hour ago she entered that room, my hope is that everything went well at first. I check the time on my watch again, realizing that the door will be opened at any moment.

I get up and start pacing. There is no one here but the secretary at the entrance, the silence seems to torture me even more with so many thoughts in my head. Is everything okay? When will I see her?

"Ugh! Finally." I am relieved to hear the door being opened. Minjeong and the doctor leave talking together. I think this is a good sign, right? "Hi love."

"Hi Princess."

She smiles and accepts the hand I extend to her, joining our fingers.

"It was a good start, Minjeong. I will contact you by phone, I hope your response is encouraging."

"Leave it to me, Doctor Gomez. It was a pleasure to meet you."

"I say the same. And you too, Karina."

"It was also a pleasure to meet you, Doctor."

She smiles at both of us and we say goodbye with a nod before we leave that place together. We took the elevator and the silence doesn't seem as strange as the one from earlier when we arrived here for her consultation. I am nervous to hear what she will say; I hope we have finally found the right person.

"You are nervous."

She doesn't ask, she says with complete certainty. I still find it amazing how easily this woman knows me. I smile awkwardly, stroking the back of her hand with my thumb.

"I confess, a lot. Do you want to tell me about the consultation?"

"It was good. Very good indeed, Dr. Gomez managed to make me more comfortable than the last few."

I control myself not to be happy. It's been almost two weeks since we started a quest to find the perfect psychologist to help my wife with her internal conflicts. Since the New Year, Minjeong has made sure that she still needs me to help her, and I am more than willing to be on her side right now. It has been our secret, we just went out without telling anyone anything, everyone thinks we are doing something perverted in the city, but I don't even dispute it, I prefer that they think so.

It is a very private thing to be shared. I don't want anyone to know what my wife is going through, only if she feels comfortable telling them. But I believe Minjeong prefers it too.

"Did we finally find the right person?"

I question as soon as we finally get to the car, she quickly deactivates the alarm and opens the door for me. I smile and thank her before entering.

"I'll be very sincere, I'm very excited about her. I thought you looked like your psychologist."

"Then she must be really good."

We even considered that she consulted with Dr. Brooke, but we decided in the end that it would be better for Minjeong to consult with an unknown person. It would be easier than dealing with someone you know.

"I have good expectations."

"I'm glad to know that, love. I had a good feeling when we left the house earlier today."

"Thank you for being with me. Your support is very important."

"Hey! No need to thank me." I lean toward her, holding her chin to bring our lips together. Minjeong uses her tongue to lick my lips, causing me to shiver when she nibbles lightly on the bottom before returning to kiss me heartily. I love the intensity of her delivery whenever we kiss. "I am always here for you, my love."