The Docks

Monty and Alex pulled up to the docks. Neither of them had exchanged any words while they were driving and the silence had been extremely awkward. It had taken everything in him for Monty to not reach across and beat the shit out of the boy just for pointing the gun in Lexi's direction. 

He turned off the ignition, putting the car in park before getting out, Alex following right after him, struggling slightly as he held onto the gun and his cane. "You went a long way for Bryce," Alex says to the boy that he had once considered to be his friend. The two of them had spent countless nights playing video games together at Bryce's house and now neither of them could look at the other without a strong feeling of hatred 

Monty led him through the gates and towards one of the large abandoned buildings that they often used for parties. "You dont know shit man," Monty grumbled under his breath, shaking his head

"He'd sell you out to save his own ass in a heartbeat," Alex continued, trailing after Monty, "you know that right?"

Monty shook his head with a scoff, "you know what I've got Alex? Ive got my friends, ive got the team and I have Alexandra. That's it. I dont get to be all sad. Boo-hoo, my friend died. I'm gonna put a bullet in my head so the world feels sorry for me." 

The fact of the matter was that Montgomery De La Cruz had thought about it many times. Ending it all so he wouldnt have to go through all this shit anymore but then who would be there for Alexandra? She was the one good thing that he had in this fucked up life and he had been blessed enough to get her, so why throw his life away? He wanted to spend as long as he possibly could with her. 

So he did everything in his power to keep it that way, and he was willing to do absolutely anything for her. If he killed himself, he'd just be throwing away the time he could have spent with her. 

All of the shit. All of the bad things that he had to go through... it was worth going through because at the end of the day he still had her, and that was all he needed. 

Alex pulled the gun out again, pointing it straight at Monty. Monty just shook his head, "Jesus, you wave that gun around like I give a shit. I don't man. If I sell out Bryce, or lie, either way my whole life falls apart. If I sold out Bryce, there'd only be one way for him to get back at me and that's through Lex. Who the fuck knows what he would do to her if I turned against him man. Fuck, why do you think I brought you out here and left her there? I seriously dont give a shit what happens to me, it's all for her."

"I can't run home, she's my home. Going to playoffs, winning state, being an athlete, that's not about fun for me," Monty snaps, walking towards Alex. "It's about survival. It's about getting my girl the fuck out of this shitty town. She's all I've got. She's everything. So you wanna shoot me, shoot me!"

"Where are the pictures?" Alex asked, stumbling back a bit as Monty pushes his chest up against the gun

"Man, I dont know. I dont have them," Monty said and the look on his face told Alex that he wasn't lying. He really didn't know where they were. Monty was good at a lot of things, but lying wasn't exactly one of them

"What?"

"I said what I did to get you away from Lex. 'Cause you're not gonna shoot me, Alex. You can't even shoot yourself," Monty said, stepping even closer, not an ounce of fear in his eyes

"Fuck you!" Alex yells angrily. He stands there for a few seconds, shaking as he tried to force himself to pull the trigger. It would be better for everyone right?

Monty reached up, grabbing the gun roughly in his hands and then pushing Alex's hand towards the ground, taking the gun from him. He reaches into the boys pocket to grab his phone so he can't call for help. "By the time you get anywhere, I'll be long gone," he says with a small laugh, jogging towards the car.