Pen pals

-------------------------------

The school was doing a secret pen pal activity, where you'd get matched up with somebody random and have to pen pal them for a week and get to know more people.

Hazel put her mailing address and first name in the slot and so did Y/N, Hazel and Y/N have never talked to each other before, they have never ran into each other, they have no classes together. Josie and PJ put theirs in together, hoping they'd get each other. Later on, they'd give the random paper slips to random kids, Y/N got hers and so did Hazel, Josie, and PJ.

Josie and PJ did not get each other sadly but, Y/N and Hazel got each other

Y/N started writing the letter to Hazel on a Saturday.

Hazel, PJ, and Josie all met up at a coffee shop to talk about the pen pals

"Sooo, who'd you guys get?" Hazel asked them both

"Well," PJ scoffed "I got this kid named Daniel.."

"And I got a girl named Tina" Josie responded

"What about you Hazel?" PJ asked

"Y/N, pretty name to be honest.." She responded

"OH!! I think Y/N's in my class!" Josie said

"What do you know about her?" Hazel asked

"Well," Josie thought for a moment, "She's pretty quiet I guess during class.. She is pretty cute too I guess.."

Hazel watched Josies face closely and then looked over to the counter, "I think Ill get a coffee, you guys want anything?"

"Yeah a caramel latte, pay for me Hazel."

"Sure!" Hazel responded and went to go get it

TIMESKIP

Hazel checked her mail box and noticed a letter from Y/N, she brought it inside and opened it up, it wrote "Hi, I'm y/n, its nice to meet you Hazel, I've never heard of you before-" and it talked about her interests and what's been going on in her life

Hazel smiled at it and decided to write back

For a few weeks, they constantly wrote back about their lives and interests, It was about the end of the week and it was time where you could meet your pen pals. Hazel and Y/N decided to meet at the gym to get to know each other more.

Y/N POV

I arrived at the gym and sat on the seats and leaned back, exhausted, life has been pretty hard to be honest.. and school is just tiring.. I waited for Hazel and I saw someone arrive, this girl with brown hair and blue eyes, I liked her style. "Hey, Y/N?" She came up to me and sat next to me, "Yeah, hi hazel?" "Yup, its me hazel!!"

"You're pretty" I said without thinking

Hazel stared at me with a shocked expression, I could tell her face was getting more red..

"AW, thank you so much.. you're beautiful.."

"thank you"

We sat in silence for a few minutes, I looked over at her and noticed her staring, she looked at me in a loving way, she had a dumb smile on her face. She scooted closer to me, our legs now touching.

"What you talked about.. in your letters," Hazel looked around the room then at me "You okay? Would you like a hug? They help"

"Uh.. not really and yeah.. that'd be nice"

Hazel wrapped her arms around me tightly, her embrace was warm and comforting.. I could stay like this all day..

------------------------------------------------

man idk