♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡Prologue ♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

The rain was pouring as usual, and it was always like this in the afternoon. Gray cloudy skies with heavy water droplets falling down from its dark clouds. Despite its gloomy look, Elvira found it peaceful to just watch and listen, especially when she was trying to study new spells. Most people didn't like when it rained, because it'd mess up their hair, a lot of crashes happened during this time, or just because they simply hate the rain. It was calming to her, soothing, and helped her focus a lot when it came to making potions. 

The smell of herbs and a cauldron filled with different mixtures of smells that were swarming around the room and the sound of humming could be heard. Elvira picked up the big, torn up brown book that was barely staying together. The spell book originally came from her mother that her grandmother had given to her and then her mother had given to her. It was a pretty worn-out book that was falling apart by the second, but Elvira wanted to keep the one item that had meant everything to her mother. It was precious to her, ever since her mother disappeared all those years ago Elvira wanted to keep every single memory she had of her. She flipped through the yellow pages soon stopping on one of the pages, she had been trying to perfect her healing potion for the past couple of weeks and she had one reason why she wanted to do so in particular. 

She was trying to get into one of the best witch schools ever, the school where her mother had gone to. 'Lenfia Academy of Magic' one of the top witch schools in Gardenia! Elvira made it her mission to get into that school, but the only way she could get in is if she got an acceptance letter. She had applied months ago but she was still waiting for the letter to come, it was making her anxious and tense to the point she wasn't even focusing on making her potion anymore. 

Her father told her not to worry too much about the letter and even if she doesn't make it into the academy, she can always go back to learning at the school she's been at but that only made Elvira feel dread, one because that school wasn't exactly for witches, it was for humans and secondly it wasn't the school her mother went to. Now you're probably wondering, why did Elvira go to a human school if she's a witch? Well, it's because her father is human! Elvira's mother, Delilah, had come to the human world to get away from her past and along the way she met a kind, and gentle hearted man. Elvira's father, Elijah, had married the kindest witch ever and he doesn't regret it. 

   Elvira soon was snapped from her thoughts when she heard a loud explosion come from her cauldron, her head quickly snapped back, and her eyes widened as she saw smoke and little sparkles coming up from her cauldron. 

"Oh crap!" she rushed over to her potion shelf and quickly grabbed a potion to reduce the explosion and horrid smell. She sighed in annoyance, disappointed she couldn't make a simple healing potion. She got distracted rather easily and it tended to make her mess up a lot on her potions like right now she really needs to focus more. She grabbed a mob and began to clean up the leftover potion on the floor and soon the door to the room opened and stood there was her father.

 "Oh gosh, another failed potion El?" her father asked, chuckling a bit. Elvira had a defeated look on her face as she nodded her head. "Yeah..." she mumbled, continuing to mop the messy floor. Her father sighed and walked over to her and patted her shoulder with a small smile on his face. "Don't worry sweetheart, you'll get it eventually. Don't lose hope." He said softly, he didn't want his daughter to lose confidence in herself just yet because he knows she'll do great things in life, and he doesn't want to disappoint his wife by letting their daughter give up on herself or her dream to get into the academy. Not after she's worked so hard to try and be exactly like her mother but that was the thing, he also didn't want her to be like her mother, but he couldn't stop. It'd probably discourage her. He couldn't let that happen. He didn't want Elvira to end up like her mother.

PAST TIME: MARCH 1ST 2008 - 2:00 AM
It was the day of Elvira's birthday, and everything had been going well. It was early in the morning and Elvira couldn't sleep at all. She was so excited to be turning 8 and she was thrilled for her birthday. Her parents always threw her the most exhilarating birthdays ever and she was never disappointed about them.

Elvira slithered out of her bed and quietly snuck out of her room, every first early morning around this time on her birthday 3 huge stars aligned. Ever since her mother showed them to her, she always wanted to see them. The way she got to see them was on the balcony where their telescope was. With each step Elvira took the brown wooden floorboard beneath her feet creaked.

But she stopped in her tracks when she saw her mother sitting on her knees on the porch floor. It confused Elvira to why her mother was up because she was usually asleep but as Elvira began moving closer to the balcony door but as she got closer, she could no longer see her mother. A bright white glow flashed her eyes to the point she couldn't see her mother and a strong force knocking her back right onto the floor. Elvira felt little tingles of throbbing pain on her body.

What happened? Her mother was just there...and before she knew it her mother was gone. She couldn't move and she felt paralyzed, all she could her was the faint sound of her father yelling her name. Ever since then she despised her birthday and she also had made it her mission to find her mother. So, that morning never did make sense to her, but she was going to get to the bottom of it and she meant that.