CHAPTER 70: CRAZY

Annora storms the castle, and heads straight to the throne room. There, she finds her husband, and her mother.

"Where did you go?" Aegnor asks his wife, walking up to her.

"To see the woman Princess Freya wants to replace me with," she seethes, as she glares at her mother.

The man bends to her height whispering, "Annora you need to calm down-"

"I need to calm down?" she asks back to him, as if he has gone crazy. Does he not understand what is going on?

Before he can utter another word, Princess Freya beats him to it.

"Your father is dead, and your grandfather passed peacefully in his sleep."

"W-what are y-you t-talking?" Annora trips over words, suddenly feeling like the air in the room is not enough for all of them.

"It is unfortunate but you should know that Kharis-"

"Annora!"

Before Freya can finish, her daughter falls to the floor immediately. Her heart skips as she calls the guards to bring the castle doctor, while escorting her daughter out of the throne room without missing a beat.

***

The gates of General Silas are heavily guarded when Advisor Nedial arrives with a few of the king's men.

"The king has sent me to deliver an urgent message to the General," Nedial announces.

The wearh nods, opening the gates and allowing him to pass.

Hastily, he follows the guard through the manor until they arrive at a door.

Once he is announced, the door is opened allowing him through.

Nedial clears his throat, seeming uncomfortable when he sees General Silas at the head of the table, and General Cassiel to his right.

"Advisor Nedial, I was not expecting you," Silas says, closing the book that is sitting on the table in front of him.

"I have brought word from His Majesty. He has requested you send the infantry to guard Bethillore as we are under attack by the humans and elves."

Silas stares at the Advisor for a few seconds before he says,

"Let His Majesty know that I am unable to release any troops to guard Bethillore."

Nedial frowns and shakes his head, "You dare defy the king?"

"When I was given charge of the Infantry, I swore I would only use it to protect its people."

"OUR KINGDOM IS UNDER ATTACK!"

"Our kingdom is being occupied. I received word that civilians are not being harmed, only those that wish to follow the orders of the king and attack elves and humans will face death."

"They will take our kingdom General! You want our kingdom to fall?"

"Tell King Oleander to step down from the throne, if he doesn't want any casualties."

Nedial takes a step back scoffing, "General Silas, you are out of your mind. What blasphemy did you just utter?"

The general pushes the book he was going through towards him. Nedial furrows his eyebrows, picking it up.

"Your King decided to send our troops to war with Nyland because Princess Lola rejected his advances. Your king does not care about Bethillore falling. If he did, he would not have started an unnecessary war which diminished our numbers. Your King only cares about himself."