𝟏𝟑.𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬

"All the islanders were all sitting around the firepit for the recoupling

'Tonight, there will be a recoupling where the boys will pick which girls they would like to couple up with... the girls not picked to be in a couple will be left single and vulnerable,' Mitch read from his phone, making everyone look around in shock.

Noah looked down at Nalani, who was snuggled next to him, wrapped in his arm. He gently squeezed her thigh, making her look at him with a soft smile and put her head on his shoulder.

'Girls stand up in front of the firepit,' Witney read from the text she just received, making all the girls get up and stand in front of the boys.

The islanders were all in silence, waiting for a text when a notification went off from Charlotte's phone.

'Charlotte and Leah as the new arrivals, before the boys make any decision, you will choose who you will like to couple with first,' she said with a smirk, making Nalani's heart sink to her ass.

Noah, ITV, Beach Hut:

'I really hope none of the two girls will pick me because I know that it will piss off Nalani, and I'm in a really good place with her.'

'I'd like to couple with this boy because in the short period of time I've been here, I really enjoyed getting to know him. I feel like since I've been here, I haven't really had the time to open up yet, but I feel like after a few more conversations, we might be able to build up a good connection. So, the boy I would like to couple up with is... Tyrique,' Leah said, making Nalani and Ella look at each other in shock.

Nalani, ITV, Beach Hut:

'I know she did not just take the man of my bestie,' Nalani said with raised eyebrows in shock.

'I would like to couple up with this boy because even though I haven't been here very long, I feel like the initial attraction is there, and I feel like the conversation just flows, and I find myself being drawn to him. So, the boy I would like to couple up with is... Noah,' Charlotte said, making Nalani grit her teeth in annoyance.

As Charlotte confidently walked toward the boys and took a seat next to Noah, who quickly put some distance between himself and Charlotte, he scooted away subtly but noticeably, leaving a gap between them.

Nalani,ITV,Beach Hut

'I know she did not just take my man'Nalani said with an irritated look

'Why did she feel like she had the door open to choose him?' Nalani whispered to the girls, throwing daggers at Noah, who was looking at her with a pitiful look.

'Keep calm, don't cry or anything,' Witney said, squeezing Nalani's hand in support.

The recoupling had taken an unexpected turn, and the atmosphere on the island was charged with tension. The fate of the remaining islanders now rested on the shoulders of the boys as they prepared to make their decisions.

As the recoupling continued, Nalani felt like time was slipping through her fingers. Her mind was in a daze. She watched as the other islanders made their choices and coupled up, but her heart ached with the realization that tonight she wouldn't be sleeping next to Noah.

She hadn't fully realized just how much she had come to like him until this moment. The thought of being separated from him for the night and him sharing a bed with another girl was more painful than she had anticipated.

Before she knew it, she was standing in front of everyone with Ruchee after Mitch picked Ella, making Ruchee and Nalani squeeze each other's hand

'Islanders, you must now decide which single girl you will be saving,' Catherine said, making everyone shocked and Noah to look over at Nalani with soft eyes.

The two spent so much time together that they felt that by only looking at each other they could tell what the other was thinking, making them feel more reassured and calm.

As the announcement was made that Nalani would be staying while Ruchee would be leaving the island, a somber mood fell over the group

Ruchee, a member of the group since the beginning, had always been there to bring laughter and support to her fellow islanders.

As they said their goodbyes, hugs were exchanged, and tears were shed. Ruchee's departure left a noticeable void in the group.

Noah could sense the frustration in her voice and knew he had some explaining to do. He sighed, realizing that he needed to clear the air and reassure Nalani about his feelings.

'I didn't expect Charlotte to choose me. I didn't encourage her in any way. It caught me off guard too,' he said, looking into Nalani's eyes, hoping she would understand his perspective.

'It sure would have helped if you didn't flirt back with her,' Nalani said annoyed, 'because whatever you said made her think that it was okay to pick you,' she said, making him nod.

'I thought I was just being friendly,' Noah said, trying to calm her.

'Friendly? That was not friendly,' Nalani said, laughing in disbelief.

'You don't need to be friendly with girls; they get the wrong signal. Actually, you don't even need girl friends when you have me. I have a lot of personality, so you won't be bored,' Nalani said, making Noah laugh and pull her onto his chest.

''Okay, I won't be friendly. I will tell her that I already got the most amazing girl and that she needs to stay 10 miles away from me'' Noah said, leaning down and giving her a peck on the nose, then on the lips.

After her chat with him they got ready together in the bathroom for the night

''how do you feel sleeping alone''Noah asked Nalani teasingly while she was rubbing some cream on his face

''honestly really good,Ill have the bed all to myself without soemone clingling on me''She said laughing and picking up something that fell on the ground making Noah hit her ass with a towel making  them to start fighting in laughter

Their laughter filled the room as they engaged in their playful towel fight. Noah and Nalani, wrapped in their own bubble, exchanged cheeky grins and occasional playful swats. The atmosphere was light, a welcome distraction from the tensions of the recent recoupling.

 The atmosphere was light, a welcome distraction from the tensions of the recent recoupling

What do you think of the chapter?Did Nalani react too calmly?

Should she say something to Charlotte or leave it alone?

1105 words