2 - Buggy The Clown

— 2 —

The gentle waves lapping against the sides of the boat. Nami is hunched over the safe, tools in hand while trying to decipher its mechanism. On the deck, Shinobu sat gracefully with her legs crossed all while conversing with Luffy. A soft snoring indicated Zoro's whereabouts — he had retreated to the boat's cabin to sleep.

"So, what brought you to Shells Town?" Luffy inquired, his ever-present curiosity shining in his eyes.

Shinobu chuckled lightly, "I was simply wandering. But then I stumbled upon you all, having such an exhilarating fight with the Marines. I just couldn't resist jumping in. And here I am, on this boat."

Nami's voice tinged with disbelief piped up, "And you just got dragged along on this adventure because... it was fun?"

Shinobu's lips curved into a serene smile, her voice dripping with casual innocence, "It seemed fun. Why not tag along for a bit more?"

Shaking her head Nami sighed, "Unbelievable." She then refocused on the safe, the soft clicks echoing lightly.

Luffy's gaze was fixed on Shinobu, his voice taking a more serious tone, "I want to find the One Piece, left behind by Gol D. Roger, and become the Pirate King." He pointed to his straw hat, "This hat is a symbol of a promise I made. I'll give it back when I've become a great pirate."

Shinobu, intrigued, leaned in slightly, "You mentioned that earlier. It sounds like a wonderful dream. How did you find it?"

Luffy's eyes went distant for a moment, memories flooding in. "This hat," he began, "It's from someone important. I promised to return it after I fulfill my dream."

She nodded thoughtfully, then sighed, "I'm on a journey too, but not to fulfill a dream. Rather, to find one. A dream that weighs as much as my life."

A sad smile laced on her face, "But before that I need to find someone..." she said in a low voice but enough for Luffy to hear it.

Luffy's expression grew serious, his gaze piercing. "Don't seek a dream that'll cost your life. Find one you'd want to spend your life living."

Shinobu looked at him, his words sinking in deeply. She leaned forward, patting Luffy gently on his straw hat, "Thank you, Luffy."

But it is easier said than done. I can't let myself dream while that demon is not dead. First, I'll avenge my sister. The dream will come after that.

The boy's face lit up with a bright smile his spirit is undoubtly infectious.

The inky darkness of night blanketed the boat, with only a few lamps casting a dim glow inside the cabin. There, Nami was deep in concentration, her tools in hand, working diligently on the safe. Above her, Luffy dangled playfully, swinging back and forth.

With an exasperated glare Nami snapped, "Can you not do... that?"

Luffy scratched his head sheepishly, "Sorry. It's hard to sit still."

"I'm feeling so... so piratey," Luffy mused out loud.

Nami, her patience wearing thin warned him,"Yeah? Well, you're gonna end up feeling watery if I have to throw you overboard. I told you I need absolute silence."

Luffy grinned, "I know. I know. Absolute silence." But as was typical of the ever-chatty Luffy, he continued to converse with the red-haired girl, completely disregarding Nami's plea for quiet.

Meanwhile, inside of the cabin, the form of a certain green-haired swordsman could be discerned comfortably settled in a hammock. Shinobu stepped inside, her silent footsteps barely making a sound. Yet, Zoro's keen senses picked up her presence immediately.