HRH André

It was thrilling to be amongst the people as one of them. He removed the cloak in a back alley, still treating it with upmost caution. A woman selling flowers greeted him as he passed her stall. He turned and smiled at her. She screamed, the young prince stumbled back. "Witch!" The woman screamed again, a shaking finger pointed directly at André. He recoiled, turning to look behind him. "He has the devil's eyes," the woman crowed. Marching boots of the guards reached André's ear, calming him. The woman continued to scream. Rough hands grabbed him startling the boy, he called out to be unhanded. The head guard looked him directly in the eye. "And why would we do that Mage scum?" The guard growled. André's head swam. Why did they insist he was a Mage? He had to escape, the punishment for sorcery was death. However he could not break free.

A loud bang echoed from the alley, all but the guards holding André disappeared in pursuit of the noise. Seconds later the two remaining guards were lifted into the air, releasing André in their fright. Another hand grabbed him and yanked him in a different direction. "Felix come on," the voice whispered. André began to run behind the man as they ran from the streets into the forest, the guards' shouts trailing them.

Once the shouting had ceased and there was no sign of pursuit, the pair stopped in a clearing to catch their breath. "What were you thinking Du Prae? To let people see you in town. If you weren't my apprentice I would've left you to the guards," the man scolded.
"Apprentice?" André whispered. His eyes widened in horror, Felix had a magic cloak and a potion that changed eye colour and purple eyes. André's father always told him to never trust anyone with purple eyes. The Mage sighed and sat André down on a fallen tree. "Did they hurt you?" André shook his head, too terrified to speak. The Mage gently checked him over for any wounds. "Felix I know it's not fair and we shouldn't have to live off scraps and be hunted into extinction but you getting yourself killed is not going to change anything. I'm sorry you can't have the normal life you want. Now come along we must get back to the others." André let himself be led away completely dumbstruck.