HRH André & HRH Felix

In the following days both André and Felix were confined to their rooms. André, having only a shoulder wound was mobile before his brother had even awoken, the iron blade causing issues to the wound healing. Eventually he awoke and regained some mobility. There had also been an improvement in the King's health to the point that rumours now circled that a certain disgraced Regent had been poisoning the King. Impending doom still hung over Felix's head, he had recovered at the request of his brother however as soon as a new regent was appointed or his father recovered, Felix knew he would be executed.

Finally that day arrived. The King had awoken that morning and while still very weak had called for André. Felix's fate had also been playing on the young prince's mind so he dragged him along. "Father? You asked to see me," André called as he entered the room, Felix quietly following behind. "André my son," his father called weakly, beckoning him closer. "I hope you don't mind, but I brought someone with me," André explained as he stepped aside revealing Felix. "Felix, my son, can it really be you?" Felix nodded timidly. For the first time, the boys saw their father cry as he held Felix's hand begging for forgiveness. "Father you need to pardon Felix as he's currently guilty of treason under your Mage law," André explained over his father's begging.
"No," Felix started, he had thought about it intensely while recovering from the blade, "Remove the Mage law altogether. If you won't, I'd rather die like the rest of my people."
"Felix, they killed your mother," the King began.
"Your Regent killed my mother, the Mages raised and protected me from your law, they are no threat to the crown. Don't forget my mother was a Mage," Felix argued, his voice rising with emotion. André placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. The room fell silent.

"So be it. André take your brother to the silversmiths, he will need a ring made and on your way out send in my lawmakers, I have a law to remove."
"Thank you father," Felix said in relief, the words still feeling strange on his tongue.

Soon after the King was back on his feet. The Mages were welcomed back into society, including the twin's uncle who came to live in the palace with them stating he could not leave the pair unsupervised and that Felix must continue to learn magic. Felix fiddled with the new silver ring around his finger as he waited in the corridor adjoining the throne room. "Relax Felix," his brother sighed dressed in a near identical dress uniform aside from the small crown on his head. "What if they hate me and don't accept me?" André cocked an eyebrow.
"Felix you'll be fine. Father accepts you, and I doubt the Mages would hate you after removing that law. You're worrying over nothing. I'll see you soon." André left the room leaving him with his thoughts.

The door opened again. Taking a deep breath he walked into the throne room. Felix remembered little of the ceremony except the crown being placed on his head, surprised by its' weight. Following the ceremony the brothers were led outside. "Presenting their royal highnesses Prince André Twain William Tudor and Prince Felix Marcus Harold Tudor," the guard announced as the pair stepped out to thunderous applause.

Fin.