HRH André

"You and your foolish brother," his uncle growled as he sat André down.
"Why can't I see?" André asked, waving a hand in front of his face, ignoring his uncle's grumblings. "Because your damn brother gave you a dye that is only meant to be used for no longer than half a day," his uncle grouched as he dripped something into André's eyes. The burning sensation eased however the world remained white. His uncle ordered him to lie down. "Felix gave me that dye and he took it as well," André retorted as he did what he was told. "Stupid boy. I would've thought I raised him better and you, don't you realise how much danger you've put him in?"
"Forgive me uncle, how was I to know he would use magic?" His uncle placed a cloth over André's eyes. "You're constantly tested for signs of magic and you sent a Mage into that, of course he was going to be found out." André startled, he was tested for magic?
"I didn't know," was all André said.
"No of course you didn't and now all mine and Elaine's work has been for nothing. Felix dies as André Tudor and André Tudor becomes André Du Prae, if that mob outside doesn't lynch you."
André frowned, "Du Prae? Felix's last name?"
"Your mother's maiden name."
"Felix was your son?" André asked, feeling more ill now he knew he had sent his cousin to his death. His uncle gave a humourless laugh. "Felix is not my son." André's guilt eased ever so slightly. "Felix's birth name is Felix Marcus Harold Tudor, he's your twin brother." André bolted upright.
"Why didn't he tell me? Why did no one tell me?"
"He doesn't know, to protect you both, no one was to know. Now lie down," his uncle ordered. André did as he was told his mind swimming at the revelation.

After a few moments silent while his uncle worked on his eyes, André spoke, "I have to save him."
His uncle laughed, "and why would they believe you over the boy they have in the cells?" André fumbled with the chain around his neck, pulling out the ring. "Clever boy," his uncle replied, somewhat impressed. "But it doesn't change what Felix is under your father's law which is enforced by the Regent, you cannot overturn it until he dies and you're eighteen."
"If Felix's birthright is revealed, surely they can't execute a prince."
"They plan on executing you as the crown prince remember, and your father is too sick to overrule anything," his uncle interrupted.
"I have to try." His uncle remained silent.
"You remind me of your mother. I never could say no to her either. Give me another hour to repair your sight then we'll go save your brother." André nodded and let the Mage work.