'2'

honestly, during the game with Team X, they were nothing. pure air, it was so easy. 

like seriously... why didn't the bowl cut placed me somewhere else? "My weapon... uhhh... um.. I wonder?" Isagi scratched his temple with a finger, while others shouted and chit chat more. 

"and then... Chigiri?"

"... I don't wanna say." he hugged his knees, maybe perhaps because of his accident? sad. "oh... how bout you, Shonan?"

"dunno. don't care." i tied my hair, i was disguising as a boy, and even Chigiri doesn't know. then, someone said about how well we can utilise our 'weapons'. 

i didn't really care. 

i didn't want to play with lower ranks. 

we had another easy going game with Team Y, and i didn't do anything either. i just ran around, guarding my weak opponent. we then won by 2-1, celebrating our second match with some sizzling beef. 

"TEAM Z WILL FIGHT ON!!"

"YEAH!!"

we had a full dinner, and everyone plopped themselves into the futon.

except me and Chigiri. we decided to go to monitoring room, not expecting to be accompanied by Isagi as well. 

"Isagi? why are you here?" i looked over my shoulder, "Chigiri... Shonan...uh, i couldn't sleep."

"What about you guys? what are you doing?"

"i couldn't sleep, either..." Chigiri replied while i loosen my hair tie. 

"i... feel like not sleeping." i fixed my attention back towards the screen.

"we were watching your goal." Chigiri looked up, while i hummed in response. "no wonder you can't sleep... scoring a goal like this, is an incredible moment for a striker."

"yeah... how do I put this... it's the sort of goal that the old me never would've made."

"i think i'll remember this goal for the rest of my life..."

"i see."

"it's really important, hm?" i rested myself on my supporting hands behind me. "yeah. but... I doubt i could do it again if i tried. all i did was run up there... i still don't really understand my own power."

"you have really strong spatial awareness... i think."

"hm? what's that?"

"while I'm back playing defense... I can tell by watching how my teammates move. most platers make judgements and plays based on their own field of vision. when they're running at top speed or handling the ball, that field becomes even narrower. but in your case, you have moments in which... you're able to view the entire field at once. it's almost as if you're looking down on the field like god." he pointed at the ceiling.

"i think that ability lets you "smell goals" and defend when we're in trouble... and score goals that nobody that else could've imagined."

they continued their small chit chat, until i heard something painful from Chigiri. "one year ago, i tore the acl in my right knee." he rubbed his knee, i flickered my eyes open, turning my head towards the voice. 

"the doctor said... that if i get hurt in the same spot, my athletic career is pretty much over. so even though it's healed now... i can't play like i used to. i used to have one too, Isagi, Shonan. A weapon as amazing as you guys."

i didn't even tell him my weapon...

"there were nights when i was so high off my goals that i couldn't sleep... and times when i dreamed of being the world's best striker..." his eyes were dull, empty, plain.