Chapter Seven

Poppy blinked, watching her boyfriend run further into Troll Forest until she couldn't see him anymore. The sound of laughter caught her attention as she turned around to find JD and Spruce laughing at Clay, who impersonated Spruce. Although Spruce rolled his eyes, a small smile appeared. She gave them each squirts of hand sanitizer into their hands.

JD: So, where did Bitty B go? Didn't I just see him with you?

Poppy: He had to go, but will be back.

Clay: Is he mad at us? 🥺🥺

Poppy: He's fine. As long as we stay positive, this trip's going to be fun!

Rustle, rustle.

The four of them froze, looking around. More scurrying noises were heard from one side to another. Poppy took a stance of protection. JD, Clay, and Spruce stood behind her. Floyd faced them and took off his headphones, putting them back into his backpack.

Floyd: Oh. Are we ready to go-

A huge spider came out of nowhere.

SCREEEECCCHHH HISSS!!!

Spruce: AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱

Clay: Bro, you scream like a girl! 😆😆😆

The huge spider gave them a death stare. To Poppy, it reminded her of those Tarantacapuffs that roamed in Troll Forest, except this one was black and red striped. It had a red tuft of hair on its head, its fangs looked sharp and it was a bit taller than them too. Not knowing what kind of spider it was, she named it Spike due to having spiky-like tuft of hair. Spruce passed out while JD tried to pick him up from the ground.

Thankfully, Poppy remembered the time she used her hair-jitsu moves to beat a Tarantacapuff spider once, so how hard would it be to beat this one? She told the boys that she got this as Spike attacked her as she used her hair to defend its attacks. One of its legs knocked her to the ground.

Poppy: Aaah!!

She stood and hopped over Spike. She rolled her hair and extended it to punch Spike. It collapsed to the ground. JD, Clay and Floyd looked surprised as Poppy faced them with a serious smile.

Floyd: Wow.... 🤩🤩🤩

Clay: Whoa, you go, girl! 😉

JD: Who knew you could fight like that? Another thing about you I didn't know about today. 😊

She helped Spruce up who woke up. Then he passed out again. Floyd looked ahead.

Floyd: Poppy...look out. (Points out)

Spike ran towards her. Poppy jumped over it, planning to attack it, but it knocked her over again, making her fall towards the boys. Spike screeched and spat out webs from its mouth, running towards them. Poppy knew there was no way to fight it. There was only one option...

Poppy: RUN!!! (Picks up Branch's backpack)

Spruce: (Immediately wakes up and runs) AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

They all ran to the right side of Troll Forest, trying to avoid the web attacks from Spike, ducking from them.

JD: WE ARE GETTING CHASE HERE, TROLLS! GOOD THING I'M RECORDING THIS!!! (Holds the video camera out) 😁😁😁😁

Spruce: (To JD) SERIOUSLY!?! IN THE MIDDLE OF A CHASE!?! 😒😒😒

JD: YES!!! OUR VERY FIRST CHASE TOGETHER!!! HA, HA!! (Laughs)

Floyd: (Shaky voice) WHERE'S BITTY B!?! 😬😬😬😬

Poppy: BRANCH!!! 😫😫😫😫

Although they couldn't see him, Branch's distant voice echoed ahead, asking what was going on.

Floyd: SPIKE IS CHASING US!!!

Branch walked from behind a huge boulder, adjusting his shorts.

Branch: Who's Spi-WHAT THE HAIR IS THAT!?! 😱😱😱

Spike screeched from behind, still spitting out webs from its mouth.

Branch: POPPY, SQUIRT SOME HAND SANITIZER IN MY HANDS, QUICK!!!!

Clay: REALLY!?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING FOR HAND SANITIZER AT THIS MOMENT!?! 😤😤😤

Branch: (Ignores Clay) HELLO? MY HANDS NEED TO BE SANITIZE, PLEASE!!!!

Poppy pulled out the hand sanitizer from her hair, squirting some into Branch's hands while the others ran past them. She passed him his backpack after he cleaned his hands. They ran.

Branch: (To Poppy) WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST FIGHT IT OFF? AND THIS ISN'T THE WAY TO THE RED BOULDER. WE ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! 🤨🤨

Poppy: I TRIED, BUT IT WAS COMPLICATED!!! 😰😰😰

Branch pulled out a guidebook from his hair. Clay gave him a look.

Clay: REALLY!?! ARE YOU REALLY PULLING OUT A GUIDEBO- 😤😤😤😤😤

Everyone: WE GET IT, CLAY! 😠😠😠

Clay: 😐😐😐😐😐

Branch flipped through the pages, as they kept running through Troll Forest, trying to avoid more web attacks. Floyd fell to the ground, Poppy helped him up, Spruce screamed like crazy, and JD held out the video camera still recording.

Branch: IT'S A SANGAPUFF!! IT CRAVES FOR A TROLL'S BLOOD AND WOULD DEVOUR THEM ALIVE!!!

Spruce: WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?? WE CAN'T JUST GET CHASED ALL DAY!!! 😫😫😫

Poppy: THERE'S A CAVE AHEAD!!

Branch: GO, GO, GO!

Poppy: LET'S RUN IN A ZIG-ZAG WAY, GUYS!

They all ran towards the cave in a zigzagged way. From behind, Spike squinted its four eyes. Poppy smiled, figuring that their way of running had made Spike dizzy and confused because soon enough it slowed down quite a bit.

They got closer to the cave. It was a fit for a Troll, not for a Sangapuff. The BroZone brothers made it into the cave. Poppy sprinted towards the hole...a spiderweb grabbed her right foot. She collapsed to the ground as it pulled her. She screamed and tried to cut off the web, but it was no use. Spike used its mouth to pull Poppy towards it.

Poppy: BRRRAAAAAANNNNCCCCHHHHH!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱

Branch: HANG ON!!!

Branch ran out of the cave towards her, grabbed his pocketknife as he tried to cut the web, but it wouldn't cut through. Spike got closer to them. Poppy told him to hurry. He opened his backpack, rummaged through it, and looked behind them. Spike screeched and opened its mouth. Poppy screamed........

Branch grabbed his water bottle, squirted water on the spiderweb, and it melted off from Poppy's right foot. He then squirted water at the Spike. It screamed in pain. Perfect aim. He pulled Poppy's hand as they ran. He picked her up.

To Poppy, everything was in like slow-motion as Branch ran, carrying her in his arms. He had a serious expression on his face, his blue eyes were gleaming, his blue-black hair moved through the wind-oh, this made her speechless. She glared at him, smiling. He smiled back at her, brushing one of her bangs. They went inside the cave before Spike's legs could reach them.