Chapter 20: Archie the Peacock

(Stella's POV)

Recap:

"If there is something specific you are looking for then maybe I can help." We heard.

I turned around to see a tall handsome man with bright green and teal hair with what looked like gold decorating his body and two blue tones on his skirt with gold decoration. Sometimes when I see a beast man I have trouble figuring out what kind they are but this man you could tell that he screamed Peacock. His entire aura, body language, and demeanor gave off King Sinbad vibes from Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic anime/Manga and as someone who was hyper-fixated on that specific character. I can say I do not mind one bit, if anything it made me want to talk to him even more. 'I wouldn't mind mating with him...After I got to know him.' I thought.

I felt my mates and cubs come closer to me as Theo spoke up." How would you be able to help?" He was cold about it but I knew he did it out of love and wanting to protect me.

"Most of the merchants that come to your city, are from my city. I am the one who makes sure they behave themselves and makes sure that they are not getting harassed." He explained but his eyes stayed connected to mine. "Most of my merchants have left the city, but if there is something specific you are looking for. When I have home with the rest of the merchants we can make sure to have your order when we return." He continued.

I touched Theo's arm and said " It's worth trying."

He looked at me and his eyes softened. "Great, How about we take this inside? We wouldn't want the beautiful female to get uncomfortable. " He said in a flirty manner causing me to blush.

Arthur growled which only caused the peacock to chuckle. "By the way my name is Archie, It is truly a pleasure to meet you." With that sentence, I thought I was going to melt. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Archie guided us to the inn where he and some of the other beastmen were staying. This inn was pretty fancy having a bath area as well as a meeting room. It was advanced for the era. We were guided into the meeting room and the door closed. We all sat at the table and I had put Daunte down with the other cubs, which he was not pleased with. Arthur had shifted back into his human form and stayed silent as he watched over the cubs who had no care in the world. 

"Let's count our conversation, What exactly are you looking for?" Archie asked. 

"You see we are building a home and I was looking for things to fill it. My main concern is trying to find large jars and chests to use to store things such as food. The other is I was hoping to find decorations and someone who could help build some furniture for me. I was also hoping to find candles but I was informed that candles were rare." I explained. I wanted to keep it short and simple and would go more into detail as needed. 

"I see well you are in luck because I know several people who could get the job done. Though it will take some time especially if it's in large quantities. " He said.

I smiled and I felt so happy that we met Archie. "That's fine it will take a few months until our home is finished. Will I get to speak to the person or persons that will be helping us?" I asked excitedly. 

"Of course, I would expect to know less. If it is alright with you it will take about two weeks for them to meet you." He explained.

"I understand, I'm just grateful to have met you and grateful to the beastman that will be helping us," I said happily. 

"There is no need..." Before Archie could finish, a beast man with gold hair burst in. I recognized him as one of the guards who had escorted us to this city.