Chapter 29

This goes out to @missmekhimcumquick issmekhimcumquick
Amelia Hazel Smith 18
Monday April 15,2024
Arrow Keys Street, Portmore
.
.
.

" Which one a the clinic you ago," I asked since it's the first time she will be getting a shot in Jamaica.

"The one weh me mommy own," He said taking up her bag.

" You mom did own clinic," I question taking up Liyah.

" Yeah did buy her the one weh she did a work at," He respond going out the door.

" Oh, but when we go there I want us to be normal, no getting through before the others," I said trailing behind him.

" A tru me nuh dat busy today still," He replied opening the car door.

Strapping in her seat, I turn on the small TV that's behind the seat, for her to watch, putting her pacifier in her mouth.

After settling in the car, he pulled out blowing the security.
.
.

" Baby me did a think bout fih pierce her ears today," I said looking over at him.

" No b nuh today, she already ago Inna pain from the injection," He respond turning into the town.

" If she nuh cry we go but if she cry we nuh go," I try to reason.

"Ok," He stated pulling into a parking lot.

He hope out the car, then open the back door for her carrier bag, after fixing my blouse properly, I hop out then get Liyah out.

Walking into the building, it's cool if you nuh use to AC it's going to be cold.

Jay head to the counter while I take my seat on a chair.

Place nice bad, AC, TV pon wall, mirror floor length, nah lie then gwan.

Looking around there is a few mothers with there child, young baby but one in particular caught my eyes.

She is sitting in a blouse that ripped and
the boy beside here is dirty and he looks weak from where am sitting, but the young baby in rapped in a old towel, and he is crying.

My heart started crying

God if am every ungrateful, I pray that you forgive me for I know not what I do

Jay come a sit beside me taking Liyah in the process.

" Me soon come back," I said getting up.

Walking over to them I sit in the seat beside the mother.

"Hello my name is Amelia, what's yours," I asked kindly.

" Am Stacy," She respond.

"No need to be nosey but I notice the baby is crying, is she ok," I asked looking down at the baby.

" No, she's hungry but I can't feed her cause am hungry and it's not recommended by doctor to feed her on a hungry stomach," She inform.

" I have a newborn too she is right there with her father, I'll be right back," I said pointing.

Walking over to where Jay is I go in the baby bag and  take out a bottle from the turmost that I bring for Liyah.

Heading over to her I place the bottle on the table next to the seat.

"Can I hold her," I asked

She nod and hand her to me, I feed her  then rock her to  sleep.

"Do you guys have any where to go," I asked still rocking the baby.