EJECT!

Good morning.

The uranium enrichment plant that is your target will be operational earlier than expected.

Raw uranium will be delivered to the plant in ten days' time.

As a result, your mission has been moved up one week in order to avoid contaminating the target valley with radiation.

warlock said

Sir, no one else has successfully flown a low-level course. I say

Nevertheless, you've been ordered to move on. said admiral bates

Maverick then told us the plan of the mission.

We have one week left to focus on phase two. It's the most difficult stage of the mission.

It's a pop-up strike with a steep dive, requiring nothing less than two consecutive miracles. Two pairs of f-18s will fly in a welded wing formation.

Teamwork. Precise coordination of these aircraft is essential to both the mission's success and your survival.

As you know, the plant rests between two mountains. On final approach, you'll invert directly into a steep dive.

This allows you to maintain the lowest possible altitude and the only possible attack angle. Your target is an impact point less than three meters wide. The two-seat aircraft will paint the target with a laser bull's-eye. 

The first pair will breach the reactor by dropping a laser-guided bomb on an exposed ventilation hatch. This will create an opening for the second pair.

That's miracle number one.

The second team will deliver the kill shot. And destroy the target.

That's miracle number two.

If either team misses the target...

 The mission is a failure.

Egress is a steep high-g climb out to avoid hitting this mountain.

A steep climb at that speed, you're pulling at least eight g's. Hangman  said

Nine, minimum.

The stress limit of the f-18's airframe is 7.5. I said to maverick

 That's the accepted limit. mav says

To survive this mission, you'll pull beyond that, even if it means bending your airframe.

You'll be pulling so hard, you'll weigh close to 2,000 pounds, your skull crushing your spine... 

Your lungs imploding like an elephant's sitting on your chest, fighting with everything you have just to keep from blacking out.