#05- Return

"You want to see me?" Hyde asked as he entered James' office. He set himself on the chair when the man offered a seat.

"Your request for a break was approved by the director just now," James notified.

"I see. I could finally grab a ticket back to Black Crest tomorrow immediately," he said to himself.

"Yeah, but Flynn must go with you," Hyde hastily crossed his brows to the man's suggestion.

"What?"

"I'll ask Flynn to go with you."

"No, no one's going with me. I don't want anyone to be involved in my own battle," he firmly said.

"And I can't let you enter this hell alone. Jack entrusted you to me, and I can't just let you enter a battlefield without thinking about the consequences. I can be at ease if someone will accompany you." Worries filled the man's eyes as he locked his gaze on the young man.

"No, my decision's final, I can't let Flynn come with me," James heaved out a defeated sigh.

"Okay, fine. But you must report to me every single plan you have. In case I could come up with backup plans," Hyde smirked and rolled his eyes. The old man was doing his best to get himself into this case. But he can't blame him, James was just worried about him.

"Copy, sir. Then, I'll go ahead and prepare my things. I'll be leaving this country tomorrow immediately. I don't wanna waste a time." Hyde was about to leave when James halted him and handed him a white folder. The young man reached for it and looked at the documents.

"Remember Inspector Harvey Scott?" James asked, which was answered by a nod.

"He'll help you join the Black Crest Crime Investigation Unit. You'll work there not as an agent but as a detective so that you can investigate your parents' case without problems. Remember, your work there is different from your work here. You still have to follow orders." He reminded. Hyde just nodded and bid the man goodbye before coming out of the office.

On his way back to his car, Hyde took his phone and dialed Flynn's number. He was asking him to book a plane ticket to Black Crest.

---It was still six in the morning when Hyde prepared himself for his departure. At exactly six thirty, Flynn came to drop him at the airport.

"Don't forget to call me anytime, I'm 24/7 out," Hyde raised the corner of his lips and shook his head.

"Stop it. I can handle myself," the young man replied.

"Are you sure you won't let me come with you? I bought an extra ticket, in case," Flynn sheepishly grinned, trying to change his friend's mind.

"No, you're staying here," Hyde firmly announced.

"But-" Flynn wasn't able to finish his sentence when Hyde patted his shoulder and moved slowly towards him.

His serious expression creeps down to Flynn's body.

"I need you to do something here..." Flynn's expression changed and nodded.

---

"Attention! All passengers for flight number 554 going to Black Crest City..."

"It's already time. I'd better go now." Hyde hastily reached for his luggage and prepared the ticket and passport. He bid his friend goodbye before proceeding to the departure area.When the clock ticked at seven, the plane started to take off the runway. Hyde took a last glimpse outside the window as the ground began to get further from his sight.