Conclusion

We've reached the end of our study on the book of Philippians. To review:

Philippians 1

Paul shows thankfulness toward the Philippians for their kindness and support for him through his imprisonment. In this chapter, he notes that though he is in a tough situation, God is glorified in all things. 

Even the worst of situations cannot impede on God's purpose for our lives, and are used for the glory of God rather than to our detriment. 

Paul also includes an important message regarding suffering. We can take comfort in knowing that though we suffer, it is for Christ's sake, and it is a gift to suffer for Christ's sake. 

Philippians 2

Paul reminds the church of Philippi to strive for unity, being of one accord and one mind with all believers. 

He also includes some characteristics that we should have as believers, including selflessness, lowliness of mind, humility, meekness, obedience to God, and without dispute or complaint. 

Paul also mentions Epaphroditus and Timothy, who are honored for having shown great concern for the Philippians. 

Philippians 3

Paul reminds us to favor confidence in Christ alone, not in our flesh. 

He also encourages us to take after his example, setting aside those things which we could boast about, and counting those things as losses for the cause of Christ instead. 

We are also encouraged to press on toward the end goal of Christ and the glory of God, no matter what circumstances or setbacks we may encounter in life. 

Paul ends this chapter with a warning about those who are enemies of Christ, as well as tips on how to identify them by their character. We are encouraged to remember where our true citizenship lies, and thrive in that blessed hope. 

Philippians 4

This last letter to the Philippians is one flooded with joy, as Paul found his joy in the Lord rather than in earthen things or situations. He teaches us important lessons on contentment, what to do with our anxieties, and encourages us in that God will guard our hearts and minds with incomprehensible peace. We're also uplifted by the fact that through Christ, we can do all things. 

Thanks for joining me and diving deeper into this incredibly impactful book of the Bible. I hope you learned as much as I did and gained valuable insight into how we should walk in our faith by taking notes from Paul's letter to the Philippians. 

I hope you enjoyed this mini-series! Let me know your favorite parts, what new insights you gained, or anything else you'd like to add in the comments.

Have any suggestions on ways to improve the reading experience, other things you'd like to see in these studies or topics you're interested in studying? Let me know in the comments!