9.The Blacks And The Greens

Aelyria sprinted into her chambers, throwing open the ornate door as if it was made of parchment, Ser Steffon wincing at the sudden noise of wood cracking.

She didn't bother to close it, knowing her siblings would soon follow, their footsteps thundering behind her louder than a stampede of galloping stallions.

Jace and Luke hadn't said a word to her since they left the training yard, the unforgiving silence speaking volumes.

She settled into the room, sinking into a chair near the crackling fireplace. She knew what was coming, and she braced herself for the incoming avalanche of questions.

Her hands trembled slightly as she brushed back a few loose strands of hair from her face, her mind still droning with Aemond's shameless flirtatious insinuations.

As the flames flickered before her, Aelyria felt a lingering ache to her shoulder joint, and she flexed her arm, trying to push back the soreness from Aemond's powerful blows.

Gods be good, he's so damn strong.

The intensity of their fight had left her both breathless and speechless, and she couldn't decide if she was more entranced or enraged, her attraction to him growing more than she was comfortable to admit.

Luke was the first to arrive, his presence marked by a dark cloud of regret that seemed to hang over him like a shroud.

His steps were heavy, the sound echoing in the otherwise silent chamber. Aelyria watched as he fidgeted with the hem of his tunic, unable to meet her eyes.

Guilt was written all over his face, and without a word he placed himself on the other side of the fireplace.

Baela, Rhaena, and Joffrey entered the room and she closed her eyes, sighing deeply.

She didn't need to look at them to feel the weight of their scrutiny. Her sisters spoke perfectly their ancestral tongue, unlike her brothers, and they surely understood every word Aemond had said to her in High Valyrian.

The room felt asphyxiating, as if the walls themselves were pressing in, constricting her every breath.

The sound of slamming doors made her flinch, and she opened her eyes to see Jace storming towards her like a crack of thunder in the night.

"What was that?" Jace roared angrily. "What's going on, Aelyria? What was he talking about? Explain yourself. Now!"

"Just a delightful afternoon tea party with Aemond," Aelyria blustered, her frustration mounting, "exchanging pleasantries and discussing the latest fashion trends."

They all fell into a stunned silence, her siblings frozen in their places, their eyes darting between her and Jace.

"I'm sure you'll be thrilled to know that we also shared secrets, braided each other's hair, and swore eternal friendship," she rattled off, her tone biting. "Is this what you want to hear, Jace?"

It was a bold move, challenging her brother's anger, but she couldn't bear to be suffocated by their judgment any longer.

Jace's expression remained stern, a flicker of concern etching on his face. "Aelyria, this is serious! Aemond is not someone to be trifled with, or have you forgotten what he did to you!"

She rubbed her temples, feeling the carved ridge of her scar under her fingers and she sighed again.

"I'm not naive, Jace," she responded calmly this time. "I can handle myself and I'm not about to let Aemond's games consume me. So, please spare me the lecture and trust that I know what I'm doing."