XIV.The Trip

Life has been busy lately. Between establishing my own company and starting my own label, I have barely taken out time for myself, for my family. I try to manage my time as much as possible but I am a human after all. So after completing all the appointments due and clearing my schedule a bit, I have planned a trip to Brazil with my family and of course Win. He was insistent on not coming with me stating I should spend quality time with my fam which I agreed to. But my mum refused to listen to him or to me and made him agree to it. She agrued that he is as much as a part of family as everyone else. He couldn't deny after that.

So that is how we are here in the plane flying to Brazil. I chose this country as our destination because we will be able to have a little more privacy than what we would have had in any Asian country. Not that I don't bask in the love the localities of different countries give us. It's the fact that I am here with my family who is here to enjoy with me, so that's what I am gonna do.

Currently, my mum is watching some show, the name of which I didn't bother to ask and others are gossiping about what are they gonna do once they land. They make all the plans just to go and relax in the hotel claiming they are too tired. Win, who is sitting beside me is resting his head against the headrest, his eyes fluttered shut, his mouth slightly open. He is asleep. He promised he wouldn't sleep on me and he did exactly that. Whatever. Now I have to do something too to keep myself busy.

For the next few hours, I sleep peacefully since I haven't had decent sleep in so many days. When I open my eyes, I realise we are gonna land in approximately an hour. Finally. I was getting sick of this long journey. I look towards my left to see Win staring at me, seemingly lost. When our eyes meet, his eyes widen and he averts his face away from me sharply. Has he been watching me sleep?

'Did you want something?' I ask him quietly as to not disturb others who are sleeping.

'Me? No, no. I didn't'. He says quickly, a little too quickly, not meeting my eyes. I narrow my eyes and look at him not wavering a bit. 'I.. You...Your arm was hitting me. So, I was just gonna remove it'. He stutters out. I still don't believe him but I let it go. I'll tease him with it some other time.

I strerch my arms and say, groaning, 'I am so tired.'

'How can you be tired? You were sleeping the whole time.' He asks teasingly, his eyes shining in humor.

I narrow my eyes at him and punch him on his shoulder. He laughs and reach out his hand to ruffle my hair. I move my head out of his reach at the last minute and slap his hand away.

After getting settled in their respective hotel rooms, everybody go to sleep as usual leaving me on my own. How can they be tired? They were sleeping the whole time. After loitering here and there and doing some work online, I was ready to go outside to explore the local area. I have just found out there is a bar around the corner which is famous. I was thinking of taking Win there.

With this thought, I go and knock on Win's room which is just beside me. He opens the door slightly, peeping his head out through the little space.

'Can I come in?' I ask him to which he nods. He moves away from the door to let me in. I enter the room and close the door behind me. As I turn out, I see Win standing there in nothing but some sweatpants riding low on his hips. My mouth run dry seeing his naked, muscular chest. His veins bulging out with every action. He intentionally rakes his hand through his hair, knowing that action of his leaves me a stuttering mess every time.

He smiles knowingly and innocently asks, 'Did you need something?'

I swallow hard. 'Yeah.. I.. I uh..' What I came here for? I forgot. 'Yeah I wanted to ask if you would like to come with me to bar that I found around the corner.' I say after a few seconds not meeting his eyes just yet. I see past his face at the painting hung on the wall.

'Sure. Let me get changed.' He says smirking and his hand slowly, deliberately moves towards his sweatpants' knot. My eyes zooms on the action and follow his movements. He slowly untie the knot taking all the time in the world. As he was just gonna remove the clothing completely, I avert my gaze away from him and look the other way blushing furiously.

'Have some shame, would you?' I say chastisingly, wondering how can he be so shameless. My family is right next door for fuck's sake.

'What is there to be shameful about? It's all yours to look at anyway'. He says shamelessly and my face redden once again. He is not gonna make this easy for me. 'You didn't mind staring, did you?' He continues teasing me, sounding way too cocky.

'Oh god'. I say and go out the door. 'Just come out when you are ready.' I say and the last thing I hear before closing the door is the sound of his laugh. He enjoys making fun of me way too much.

After calming down my turbulent heart, I wait for him to come out. After a whole 15 minutes, he struts out looking jaw dropping as always. He has dressed casual yet sleek, perfect for the occasion.

We make our way outside and get settled in the car to reach the location. We are taking a single car since it isn't the far and we are not planning to go separate ways any ways. We are goimg to come straight to our rooms after this.

We reach there in a few minutes and the first thing I see is a huge crowd of people. People are literally pushing each other, elbowing their way to the main entry. We find ourselves in after a few minutes. Inside of it, there is a cozy vibe to it. The crowd is distributed into various sections and floors which makes it less overwhelming. The walls are painted all red, even the furniture is all based of different shades of red. There is a huge collection of different kinds of whiskeys lined up on display.

We make our towards the bartender to order ourselves some drinks. He seems knowledgeable about all cocktails and whiskeys. So we trust his judgment and ask him to prepare whatever is the best. By the time he does that, we observe the environment and familiarize ourselves with it.

We get our drinks served to us and we politely thank him. We cheers and start enjoying our drink with the music. The music is not too loud, not too slow perfect for us. We sit there comfortably in silence without needing to fill it with words.

After a while we get up to go to the far end of the room where a band is performing. It seems like a local band. We stay there listening to them sing and murmuring the songs we know with them. He takes my hand and looks at me while singing the song. I smile in return and just I was gonna sing the next chorus, the ringing of my phone interrupts me. I take it out to see its my mom. I go outside to listen to it since she might need something. I go somewhere quiet to talk to her. After hanging up the call, I go back inside to see some guy talking to Win. The guy is tall and muscular, his arm full of tattoos. His eyes scan Win up and down appreciatively. Just as he was about to put his filthy hand on his arm, I take Win by his elbow and move him backwards, towards me protectively.

'Any problem?' I spit out, not caring if my voice sound too rude or lethal. How dare he come and flirt with my boyfriend? I glare at him spitefully while he looks taken aback.

'No. I was just... I didn't know..' , he stutters.

'Yeah, well take your sleazy flirting with someone who is not my boyfriend'. I say with a emphasis on the word boyfriend since his thick brain can comprehend given he is still standing here. He scurries way quickly and I let out a breath.

Suddenly, a laugh cuts through the air and I look towards my left to see the source of it. When I meet eyes with him, he resorts to full blown belly laughing while tear gather in the corner of his eyes.

'Is something funny to you?' I ask sarcastically.

'You probably scared the poor guy for his life with your murderous looks'. He says in between laughs. 'God you are too cute'. He says in a baby voice and I repulse back.

'Whatever.' I say dismissively, my mood ruined.

Next time, I would make him wear him a shirt or something with the words 'I have a boyfriend' printed on it. Otherwise I would have to fight off my way through these flirty assholes like him everyday. Ughhh.

I don't know if they are known in South America or not but please pretend they aren't for the story if they are.

Do you think B is just 'protective' as he claims? Do let me know and don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you you all.