Chapter 1 : Beginnings

A short time before the war began there was a young little femme named Starfall. She was born to humble beginnings, the daughter of a low cast miner called D-16. A miner who would later be known as Megatronus.
______________________________________________
                D-16 POV
As miner D-16 worked the mines he noticed his daughter, Starfall, also known as S-17, was no longer at his side. Panicking he yelled,"Starfall? Starfall?! Where did she go? She knows not to run off."

Starfall was the cybertronian equivalent of a 10 year old on earth, and on Cybertron, as soon as you were able to walk and swing a pickax, you were made to work. That was just the way it was for the low caste mining bots. It was now Starfall's 2nd month working the mines alongside D-16.

He went to his shift worker and asked for the rest of the day off to search for his daughter. "Please Whiplash, I can't find my daughter I need to search for her, and knowing her, she most likely left the mines."

The shift worker seamed to contemplate his answer. "Is it S-17? If it's her, go find her. Make sure she's here tomorrow. She is a strong worker, when she's an adult she will probably be as strong as you. Just make sure your back tomorrow."

D-16 nodded swiftly and headed off. He soon found her life signal and headed that way. As he walked he tried to think of ways to get them out of the mines. It wasn't right to enslave bots and their children, no matter their place in the caste system. He soon realized where he was headed, the only crystal garden left in kaon. It was Starfall's favorite spot. He subconsciously began to speed up as he got lost in his thoughts.
______________________________________________
Starfall's POV

Okay, so maybe it hadn't been my best idea yet, but I couldn't stay in the mines forever. I am tired of it. That's why I am out sitting in the last crystal garden of kaon. Being able to see the stars and hear myself over the sound of mining equipment was nice. My thoughts slowly trailed to my hard working sire. He always worked so hard just so we had enough energon and a roof over our helms. I began to daydream different ways we could one day leave the mines.

I hated the mines, I hated the caste system, I hated the fact that my father had to work so hard. I just wished that all bots were seen as equal. That, no matter your frame build or where you were born, you still had freedom to choose your job and weren't forced into what I saw as slave labor.

As I contemplated all of these things, I heard someone approaching me. I tensed but then relaxed when I recognized the approaching bots steps as my sire's. I watched as he turned the corner, a look of worry plastered on his face. He noticed me sitting by myself on one of the only benches in the garden and began walking over, relief evident in his posture.

"Starfall, why did you leave the mines? Our shift was not yet over."

I sighed, my shoulder plates dropping, " I know. I was just going crazy! I bet I would of punched Whiplash if he came and nitpicked my sorting."

Sire chuckled knowing full well I daughter probably could deck Whiplash. I had gotten his impressive strength and it benefited me well, especially being a femme. I was able to protect myself if the need ever arose.

"Well my little starlight, tomorrow, stay by my side or at your station. I know you don't like it, I don't either, but it is what we must do to survive. And trust me, I will find a way to free all of the oppressed bots. Now, since we have a couple groons until we must head home, would you like to go to a match tonight?"

For a second I was completely silent, my mouth agape, then a smile slowly spread its way across my face. "You mean the gladiator match?!?! EEEEEEEE!! Your finally going to let me go?!?! There is an awesome match tonight! It's going to be Dominator VS. Terminus! Let's go!!" I then began to jump up and down before running towards the gladiator ring.

My sire just laughed and followed me at a slower pace. As we made our way through the city, I would run ahead and then double back to urge on my sire. When we finally made it to the arena, I was jumping excitedly from pede to pede.

I saw the large crowds and heard the deafeningly loud cheers, that was when I got really jumpy, "Oh my goodness! I am so excited! Where are our seats?!" Sire just chuckled and started to lead me away from the public entrance. As we got further and further from the main entrance, I became slightly curious and confused.

"Sire, where are we going? The entrance is back that way."

He smiled and then said, "Well, I happen to have a friend here who used to be a miner, and he said he would give us some great seats. Especially since it was your birthday not too long ago."

After hearing what my sire had to say, my intake hung open. After that I was quiet and just walked beside my sire with wide optics. We finally made it to a door and after he knocked, it opened wide. When the mech in the door saw who it was he smiled broadly.

"Hey! If it isn't my favorite miner and his daughter! Glad y'all could make it!" The large mech had a deep voice but was surprisingly still shorter than my sire.

Sire smiled broadly, "Glad we could make it Terminus. We almost wouldn't of if I hadn't found Starfall, she ran off to the gardens again." At this point I was completely speechless. When I finally did get some words out they were loud and very excited. "Y-Your Terminus?! Seriously sire? Why didn't you tell me you knew a gladiator?!?!"

Both mechs chuckled and then Terminus waved us inside. "Well Starfall, I hear this is your first time watching a match. Cheer me on, would ya?" He chuckled before he led us to some seats that, even though they were in the common section, had one of the best views. After my sire and I sat down, we wished Terminus good luck. We both got comfortable and then, the match began.
______________________________________________

Hey readers!
First chapter of my new book! I am so excited! Pls feel free to leave thoughts, feelings, and criticism in the comments. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

StarfallPrime1112 signing off!

Edited : Nov 18, 2023.