Prologue

My name is Bridget Grady. I'm 17 years old. This is my life. My father is Owen Grady, Jurassic World's most well-known dinosaur trainer. My mother? She died while giving birth to me, my dad raised me on his own. Well, not completely on his own. My aunt helped him whenever his work demanded his full attention. All the jobs he's ever had have been demanding. However, none of them match his new job at Jurassic World. Because of it, I haven't seen him in a long time. But, I'm unbelievably excited for this summer, because I'm finally going to visit him! I'm excited not only because I finally get to spend time with my dad, but because I've always loved palaeontology. I remember, for my 6th birthday my dad got me an archeology set, and I finished digging up all of the fake dinosaur bones in an hour. Personally, my favourite dinosaur is a tie between a Tyrannosaurus rex. I admire its ferocity. I'm even more excited to go because my dad promised to take me to see Jurassic World's T-Rex one day this summer. I've never been so excited in my life!

Three Weeks Later

I'm currently at the airport getting my bags checked. I'm ready to get on the plane to Costa Rica. I'm so excited for when I finally get there. I am not the biggest fan of planes in the world, personally I prefer boats. Boats make me feel free. On planes, I just feel trapped. I board the plane and take my seat in the back of the plane. I pull out my iPhone that my aunt bought for me for Christmas last year, and plug in my headphones. I start to play the new Imagine Dragons album when I get a text from my dad: "Hey Bridget! when you get here, I'll meet you at the dock to take you inside. I want to give my little princess a hug! Love you, dad." I hate it when he calls me his little princess, but at the same time it reminds me that he cares about me. I don't get too many reminders of that. The plane is about to take flight, so I put my phone on airplane mode and sit there listening to my favourite imagine dragons song: 'I'm so sorry'. The adventure begins.