Chapter 3: The Raptors

Bridget's POV
After about an hour or so of sleeping, my dad shook me awake. I look out the front window of the jeep to see a giant paddock. I can't believe that I'm going to see raptors! My dad hopped out of the car, and I followed. We began to walk toward the paddock when my dad stopped me. "Okay, listen. You know that these animals are carnivores, so they can be ruthless. Don't get too close and if you feel uncomfortable at any time. Tell me or my partner, Barry. Okay?" He can be so overprotective sometimes, but I nodded. We began to walk to the paddock until my dad was stopped by this bold, chubby guy. By the looks of it, I could tell he's an asshole. "Hello, Hoskins." My dad greeted him in a cold manner. Yep, this guy was an asshole. "Hello, Owen." The man known as Hoskins replied in the same cold way that my father greeted him. "What do you want?" My dad asked. Apparently my dad was annoyed by this guy, by the looks of it who wouldn't. "Oh, I just came by to check on my raptors." I raised an eyebrow and so did my dad, father like daughter I guess. "Your raptors?" My dad intervened. "Well I work for the company that create and funded the park. So yeah, my raptors." He spit at my dad. I had to step in, "By the sounds of it, you just want to be in control. But he has been working with these raptors for months now. What have you done? Hmm" I said in a sassy tone. My dad chuckled at that and Hoskins looks as red as a tomato. "and who might be this feisty little firefly be?" He asked with a smirk on his face. My dad to a step in front of me in a protective way. "None of your business." He replied to Hoskins. Hoskins seemed pissed so he walked away from us to talk to an operator. I smirked and me and my dad made our way to the paddock. Once we got close, another man came up to my dad. He was tall, black, and looked like a nice guy. My dad and him gave each other a 'bro hug'. "Barry, this is my daughter Bridget." Barry turned to me with a smile on his face. "Hello, I'm Barry. I'm your dads partner for the raptors." He said shaking my hand. "Hi, I'm Bridget." I replied. "Ready to go see some raptors?" He asked, I nodded and we went inside. My dad went right to the top of the paddock, while Barry and I stood on the side. I could still see and was excited to see them. But, the only thing that separated me from the dinosaurs were a set of bars. I stared into the paddock when I saw I pig run inside, then came the raptors. I couldn't believe my eyes, they were real. Not textbook real, but real. I'm seeing these magnificent creatures with my own two eyes. There were four raptors in total, and seeing them working together as a team was amazing. The pig ran into a small door that prevented the raptors from going in. " Want to move to the top?" Barry asked, I nodded excitedly. We moved to the top of the paddock around where my dad was. My dad hit a clicker in his hand to get their attention. " Their names are Charlie, Echo, Delta, and Blue." Barry told me while pointing each of the out to me. All of the raptors were looking at my dad, until one of them looked at me. I think that one was Blue, she looked at me and I looked right back. She came the edge where I was and looked up at me. I just looked into her eyes and see looked right back. The rest of the raptors realized what Blue was looking at and came to me too. My dad tried to get their attention but to no avail. Why are they looking at me like that? They're not looking at me with hungry, but with kindness? I don't even know. Barry pulled me away from the railing and downstairs. Once I came downstairs, the raptors went wild, all hell broke loss. My dad came down the stairs and ran up to me. " What the hell happened back there?" He said with a strong voice. "I don't know." I just stood there, I was as confused as he was. "Why doesn't Barry take you to the park. I'll come and pick you up when I'm done working. Keep in touch with me okay?" Dad said, I knew because of what happened he would need to work for a longer period of time with the raptors. "Sure." I said and began to walk to the jeep until I felt his arm on my shoulder. "I thought I should let you know, you'll be staying with me. I'll show you later, but I live in a cabin close to here." He said, and I nodded. Barry lead me to a jeep and took me back to the park.