A Night To Remember (ch1)

When the competition was over, Jake was ecstatic. He was so happy to have won, and to have finally made up with the music club.

But when he saw Max, his whole word came crashing down.

Max had bullied Jake up until high school, but his father had to go on a business trip, taking Max with him. Now, he's back.

All those years of being bullied finally caught up with him. The memories seemed to flood back in his brain.

"I'm gonna um... go." Jake said, not wasting a moment to get out of there.

Jake didn't even pay attention to Hailey calling back to him, asking where he was going. He just wanted to get far away.

Though, he knew running would do nothing for him. Everything he did always had a way of coming back to him, so why was this time any different?

What was so special about Jake that made Max hate him? Was Max jealous? No... That wouldn't make sense. Max has so much more than Jake could ever even begin to imagine. That what would it...

Jake hadn't even realized that he had already reached his house. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even realize he was running so fast.

Jake unlocked the front door with his keys. "Anyone home?" Jake called out, no reply.

Jake was somewhat happy, though. His mother had never really been all that kind to him, or at least that's how he felt.

His father's death was hard on him and Milo, but it was even harder on his mom. She had become a different person, to Jake, that is.

Maybe it was because Jake was similar to his father in many ways, which made her hate him. Being reminded of your dead husband, it's not surprising she's like this.

...Jake has kept a lot of secrets in his life. The one he's most ashamed about? His self harm. He hated looking at his body seeing the scars, some old and some fresh. It reminded him of the bad times. But he always came back to his bad habits.

Though, Jake didn't want to think anymore. It made his head hurt.

Jake grabbed his phone from his pocket and texted someone. Then, just like before, put it back into his pocket.

...What was Jake grabbing now, though? It's hard to tell. A knife, maybe?... Do you have any idea why he would want a knife? What would he be doing with it?

...Silence. It went silent, just for a second.
You could hear the crickets chirping, the occasional squirrel rummaging around in the garden, and the mouse in his kitchen rummaging through his secret stash of chocolate. That's how quiet it was.

It seemed as if Jake's world stopped, only for a second. Then, the world started to spin again. Only this time, without him.

...It was a gory sight, to say the least.

The once Grey carpet was now stained a dark red. The light toned walls seemed as if they were now painted crimson.

You would've thought there were no screams since no one was around. But Jake may have miscalculated that part.

Milo was the one screaming.

---

It took around seven minutes for the ambulance to arrive and nine for his mother to get home.

Tears were everywhere, and the flashing lights and sirens from the ambulance made it even worse.

Milo was in shock. He just had the same blank expression on his face during the ride to the hospital. It was hard to tell if he had even realized it was his brother who was pouring blood.

His mother, though? You couldn't tell either. She was sobbing, bending over her sons somewhat lifeless body in the ambulance, mumbling in some incoherent way, saying something along the lines of "It's okay baby, we'll be at the hospital soon."

---

It took only six minutes for them to get back to the hospital. By then, they already had a room prepped for Jake, and we're ready for the worst.

But the worst didn't happen.

___________________________________________

Sorry this is short.. it was supposed to be more of a background chapter.

Feel free to drop ideas in the comments!