Are You Okay? (ch3)

(Jake pov)

Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock... Tick...

The bell finally rang.

I stand up, gathering my stuff. I'm happy the day is finally over. Though, I'm probably gonna regret not going to rehearsals.

As I get my stuff together, I start walking towards the classroom doors before I hear my teacher call out my name.

I turn around to face her."Did you call for me just now?" I ask my teacher.

"Yes, I did, Jake. I was wondering if everything's all right at home?" She asks me.

Do you ever get the feeling where you're about to cry, and when someone asks if you're okay, you just let it all out? Well, now I'm fighting that feeling for dear life.

"Yeah... I'm good. Thanks for asking." I put on my best fake smile I can possibly manage.

"Well, if you ever need to talk, I'm here." She smiled at me, and you can tell she means it.

I just nod and walk out because if I stay in there any longer, I might say things that I don't want anyone to know.

I head to my locker and try to open it, but it's jammed and won't open.

Jeez, why doesn't this thing ever work?!

I try to open it again before I hear someone calling for me.

"Jake?..." I turn around to see who's calling my name.

It was Zander.

"Heyy... Zander." I give an awkward smile before immediately rushing out, not even bothering to attempt to open my locker again.

"Jake! Wait up!" Zander calls my name out, running after me.

I don't bother stopping, and I run out the school doors, with Zander still following me.

I see a nearby park, so i start to run near it, hoping i can hide there, but Zander catches up to me and grabs my wrist.

"Jake... just tell me what's going on!" He screams, still gasping for air from all the running he just did.

I turn around to face him. "Why?! You're just going to judge me like everyone else!" I snap back at him.

He honestly looks shocked. "Because I care about you, Jake! Can't you just trust me?!" He let's go of my wrist, obviously wanting me to decide.

I just stand there.

How am I supposed to decide whether or not I want to tell one of my best friends on why I fucking attempted suicide?!

I take a deep breath. I don't need to tell him everything right now.

"I'm anorexic." I say, slightly mumbling under my breath, but you can tell what I'm saying.

"What?..." Zanders speechless.

"Was that what you wanted to hear? Or me saying that I'm fine so you didn't have to pretend to worry about me?" I say, pissed off. I know Zander is only trying to help me, but it gets on my nerves for some reason.

He just stands and looks at me, on the verge of tears.

"Whatever... I'm leaving." I say, turning around and walking to my house, which wasn't far away.

I wanted to stay and tell him I didn't mean it. But of course, I never say what I want to.

I'm just a freak.

---

Beep!

"Jake, how do you always fall right into my traps?"

___________________________________________

Hihi ty for reading these chapters so far❤️

The little Beep sound at the end was meant to be like the stop of a recording btw😭

Anyways, idk if yall read my other Drake story but it was called heterophemize and I accidentally just deleted it and I don't have the chapters saved so I'm sorry to anyone who was reading it😭