Study Buddies ᰔ

Draco and Harry sat side by side at the Gryffindor common room desk, studying for their upcoming History of Magic exam. Harry was visibly stressed out, as he struggled to memorize all of the dates and events.

Draco saw Harry's distress and decided to step in. "Hey, Harry," he said, nudging him with his elbow. "Don't stress too much about the minutiae. Try to focus on the bigger picture, the themes and trends. That's what will get you through the exam."

Harry looked up at Draco, surprised by his words of wisdom. "Thanks, Draco," he replied. "You always know just what to say to calm me down."

Draco smiled, feeling pleased to be able to help out his rival. "Well, you know, we all have our strengths," he said modestly. "And I just so happen to be a History of Magic mastermind."

Harry couldn't help but laugh at Draco's self-aggrandizing statement. "Alright, alright," he said, grinning wide. "I'll leave the history to you, and you can leave the transfiguration to me."

Draco nodded, feeling a sense of camaraderie with Harry. "Deal," he said, extending his hand for a shake. "And if we both pass the exam, maybe we can grab some Butterbeer afterwards to celebrate."

Harry smiled, grasping Draco's hand firmly. "Yes! Yes, let's do that, definitely," Harry said, unable to suppress the excitement in his voice, even though they were technically supposed to be studying.

Draco laughed at Harry's enthusiasm and leaned back in his chair. "Alright, alright, we'll study first, and then we can chill."

They settled in, and for the next few hours, they worked in comfortable silence, each focused on their own studies.

As the exam drew nearer, Harry found himself growing more and more nervous. His nerves got the better of him, and he started to second-guess himself on every answer.

Draco noticed Harry's unease and put aside his own work to help Harry out. "You got this, Harry," Draco said, placing his hand on Harry's shoulder. "Just remember, this is only a test, and you're going to do great."

Harry let out a deep breath, feeling reassured by Draco's words. "Thanks, Draco," he said. "I needed to hear that."

The day of the exam finally arrived, and Harry and Draco headed to the Great Hall together, ready to face the challenge. The exam began, and they worked through the questions, each providing support and encouragement to the other.

As they turned in their papers, they exchanged a look of mutual understanding. They had faced this challenge together, and they knew that no matter what the results were, they had each other's backs.

From that day on, Draco and Harry became study buddies, and their friendship grew stronger with each passing day. They helped each other out with assignments, shared notes, and even spent time together outside of school, bonding over their mutual interest in the Dark Arts.

And even though they had been rivals in the past, they now saw each other as equals, understanding that their differences made them stronger. And as they walked out of the Great Hall hand in hand, their futures looking bright and promising, they knew that they had a friend for life in each other.

Harry and Draco arrived at Hog's Head, a cozy tavern nestled in the heart of Hogsmeade. They took a seat in the corner, away from the hustle and bustle of the main room. They ordered two butterbeers and sat in companionable silence, each lost in their own thoughts.

Suddenly, Draco spoke up, breaking the silence. "Harry, I've been meaning to ask you something. It's about your scar."

Harry tensed up, his mind instantly flashing to the night that he had been attacked by Voldemort. He didn't want to talk about it, but he also didn't want to brush off Draco's question.