Quidditch accident ᰔ

The Quidditch pitch was alive with excitement as the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams took their positions on their brooms. Madame Hooch was officiating the match, and the sun was shining bright overhead. The players were itching for the game to begin, and they all seemed focused and determined.

As the first whistle sounded, Madame Hooch released the golden snitches and the howler, and the game was on. The Gryffindor players were eager to take the lead, and the Slytherin players were equally determined to defend their position.

As the game progressed, Harry was doing his best to avoid the Slytherin players and score some points for Gryffindor. But suddenly, one of the Slytherin players knocked him off his broom and Harry found himself falling through the air.

Draco Malfoy, who was flying near Harry at the time, saw what was happening and immediately raced over to catch Harry before he hit the ground. With quick reflexes, Draco grabbed Harry's robes and pulled him up onto his broom.

Madame Hooch, who had been cheering the game on from the sidelines, turned suddenly pale as she saw what was happening. "Draco Malfoy! What do you think you are doing?" she shouted.

Draco, still holding on to Harry, didn't say anything at first. But then he met Harry's eyes and said, "I couldn't let him get hurt."

Madame Hooch, still shaken, took a deep breath and continued the game. But the players were all too focused on what had just happened to give their all.

The Slytherin players felt guilty for causing the interruption, while the Gryffindor players were grateful to Draco for saving Harry. As the game came to an close, both teams shook hands, and Madame Hooch blew the final whistle.

In the end, the final score was a tie. But everyone knew that the real winner was Draco Malfoy, who had proved that even rivals could end up helping each other, and that there was more to life than simply winning or losing a game.

"Are you ok?" Draco asked silently, feeling Harry's small hand clutching onto his shirt as they descended down towards the ground. He kept a tight hold on Harry, not knowing what had caused him to fall from his broom, and not wanting to lose him.

Harry didn't answer, just continued to hold onto Draco, shaking slightly. His heart was pounding hard in his chest, and he felt tears pricking at his eyes. Draco had never seen him like this before, terrified and vulnerable, and he wanted to help him in any way he could.

Draco landed the broom gently on the ground, holding Harry tightly against his chest, not wanting to let go. He looked around, trying to find whoever had caused Harry to fall, but there was no one in sight.

"It's ok, Harry," Draco said softly. "You're safe now. I've got you."

Harry's breathing slowed down as he felt Draco's arms around him, and he finally let go of his tight grip on Draco's shirt. He leaned his head back against Draco's chest, feeling safer than he had in a long time.

Draco leaned his head down, resting it against Harry's. "Are you feeling better?" he asked.

Harry nodded slowly. "Yeah, I think so," he said, his voice hoarse.

Draco smiled at him, feeling a knot in his chest unravel. He had always had a soft spot for Harry, despite their ongoing rivalry. And now he couldn't deny that he cared about him, more than he cared to admit.

"Good," Draco said, ruffling Harry's hair gently. "Want to keep playing? Or do you want to call it a day?"

Harry thought about it for a moment, then shook his head. "I think I want to call it a day," he said.

Draco nodded, feeling a strange warmth in his chest. He had never felt like this before, but he didn't mind it. In fact, he liked it. He liked being the one to protect Harry, to help him, even if it was just this once.

"Alright," Draco said as he helped Harry off the broom. "Let's head back to the castle."

The two of them landed the brooms and walked back towards the school, not saying a word, but both feeling the tension thicken.

As the two of them rested on the ground, the air was thick with tension. The Slytherin team was furious with their teammate for causing such a scene, while the Gryffindor team was grateful to Draco for helping Harry.

Madame Hooch was also upset, having to call off the game so suddenly. But she was grateful to Draco for his quick thinking, knowing that if Harry had hit the ground, the consequences would have been dire.

As the Slytherin team argued among themselves, Draco stayed with Harry, holding him close as the other players left the pitch. He could tell that Harry was still trembling, and could sense the fear that was still lingering in his body.

Draco didn't dare to speak, fearing that he may say something wrong and make things worse. Instead, he just held Harry to him, allowing the boy to rest his head on Draco's shoulder, letting the warmth of Draco's body calm him down.

As the two of them sat there, Madame Hooch approached them, a stern look on her face. "Draco, what do you plan to do about this?" she asked, eyeing him up and down.

Draco swallowed, knowing that she was right to be angry. "I will speak to my teammates, make sure that they understand the gravity of what happened," he said, trying to sound confident.

Madame Hooch nodded, seeming satisfied with his answer. "See to it that something like this doesn't happen again," she said, before walking away, her footsteps echoing off the stadium walls.

Draco let out a deep breath, relieved that Madame Hooch hadn't taken matters into her own hands. He knew that if she had, his teammates would have been severely punished, and he didn't want to see that happen.

As the sun began to set, Draco eventually helped Harry back up onto his own broom and helped him fly back to the castle. The two of them didn't speak during the short flight, both of them deep in their own thoughts.

Once they had landed, Draco helped Harry off his broom and walked him back to the Gryffindor common room. As he left Harry at the door, he could still see the fear in the boy's eyes, even though he was trying to hide it.

He sighed, taking his wrist before he could walk away. "Harry." He said, pulling him towards him.  He hugged him, noticing how Harry's cheeks heated up. He smiled as he felt the boy hug back, and wrapped his arms around his waist. Draco took a deep breath, before lifting Harry's chin up and kissing him. He smiled and walked away, chuckling as the younger boy's eyes widened. His cheeks were flushed as he looked down, a hand on his lips as he smiled, turning back and walking into the dormitory.