Friends? ᰔ

Harry had just snuck out of Gryffindor Tower after curfew, feeling restless and in need of a breath of fresh air. He had been walking the halls, lost in thought, when suddenly he heard footsteps coming toward him. He pressed himself against the wall, hoping not to be discovered by any of the teachers or other students. But as the footsteps drew closer, he saw it was Draco Malfoy and his friends walking down the corridor.

"Harry Potter," Draco said, his face set in a scowl. "What are you doing out here after curfew?"

Harry's blood ran cold as he realized how badly he had been caught. He was about to try and make up an excuse when Draco cut him off.

"You should get back to Gryffindor Tower before someone sees you. Come with me, I'll take you," Draco said, grabbing Harry by the arm and pulling him down the hallway.

Draco's friends looked at him with surprise and confusion. They knew that Draco and Harry were mortal enemies, and couldn't understand why Draco was helping him now. But Draco didn't answer their questions, and instead led Harry down the hallway, his grip on Harry's arm tight.

They made it to the nurse's office, where Madam Pomfrey was waiting. She looked concerned when she saw Harry, and even more so when she saw who had brought him.

"Draco Malfoy brought him," Draco said, sounding slightly ashamed but determined all the same. "I found him roaming the halls."

Madam Pomfrey raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. She began to examine Harry, checking for injuries and signs of sickness. She didn't find much, but did notice that Harry's temperature was slightly elevated.

"I think he might be coming down with something," she said to Draco, who nodded.

Madam Pomfrey gave Harry a potion to calm him down and bring down his temperature, and then instructed Draco to escort him back to his room. As they walked back to Gryffindor Tower, Harry felt a tinge of resentment towards Draco. He didn't understand why Draco decided to help him. Could it be that Draco was actually starting to care?

They reached the entrance to Gryffindor Tower, and Draco turned to Harry. "I hope you feel better," he said, sounding slightly embarrassed.

Harry nodded, still feeling confused. As he entered the common room, he saw Ron and Hermione sitting by the fireplace. They looked up at him with concern, and Harry could see that they had been worried about him. He felt a pang of guilt for sneaking out after curfew, risking getting caught and causing such a fuss.

Harry sat down beside them and started to tell them what had happened. Ron and Hermione looked at each other in disbelief when Harry told them about how Draco had found him in the halls and brought him to the nurse's office.

"I guess even Drac has a kind side," Harry said with a shrug.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself," Hermione warned. "Draco probably had some hidden agenda. You can't trust him, Harry."

Harry knew that Hermione was right, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe Draco wasn't as bad as he had thought. He had never imagined that Draco would go out of his way to help him, especially after all the bad blood between them.

As Harry finished the story, Ron and Hermione listened intently. Harry could tell that they were trying to make sense of it all, but he didn't have much more to offer. He just knew that he was grateful to Draco for saving him from getting into trouble, even if it was for his own reasons.

With nothing more to say, Ron and Hermione left Harry to rest. Harry lay down on his bed, feeling tired but content. He closed his eyes, and soon fell asleep, dreaming of Draco's unexpected act of kindness.

(The next day after potions <33)

Harry slowly made his way to Draco, hesitating at first. But as soon as he saw Draco's concerned expression, he knew he owed him a thank you.

"Draco, thank you," Harry started, a soft smile spreading across his face. "I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't brought me to the nurse's office. You saved me from getting into trouble."

Draco looked away, embarrassed. He had never been thanked by Harry before, and he didn't know how to react. But as Harry continued to look at him, he realized that there was something about this interaction that felt different.

"I-I'm glad I could help," Draco finally said, looking Harry in the eye. "I guess even enemies can look out for each other sometimes."

Harry nodded, feeling the tension between them melt away. "You're right, Draco. Even rivals can end up helping each other eventually."

Draco looked at him, a small smile playing on his lips. He couldn't believe that he had just had a heart-to-heart moment with Harry Potter. It was surreal, and yet it felt right.

"I guess we're not so different after all," Draco said, reaching out to shake Harry's hand.

Harry took Draco's hand, feeling a strange sense of happiness. This was the first time that he had shook Draco's hand in a friendly manner. It was a small gesture, but it meant a lot to both of them that two enemies could bury the hatchet and become friends again.

Harry felt a strange sense of happiness as he walked over to Draco and shook his hand. He had never thought that he would be able to put aside his differences with Draco and become friends. But here he was, holding Draco's hand and feeling a sense of comfort and safety.

"Thank you for bringing me to Madam Pomfrey, Draco," Harry said, looking Draco straight in the eye. "I really appreciate it."

Draco smiled, feeling a sense of satisfaction. He had always known that he had a kind heart, but it had always been hidden deep down inside him. Helping Harry had made him realize that he was capable of being a good person.

"It was nothing, Harry," Draco said, squeezing his hand lightly. "I'm just glad I was able to help you."

They stood there, holding each other's hands for a moment, enjoying the feeling of friendship and understanding. They both knew that they had a long way to go in rebuilding their friendship, but tonight marked a new beginning.

And as they stood there, Harry couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, everything was going to be alright.

1094 words <33