Memory Lane and Confessions

(chapter contains a mature song, but it's also a hilarious point in the story to me, but change it if you want I guess? Just a forewarning.)

The unexpected presence of Stella, accompanied by her dreadful brother Andrealphus, had instantly soured your mood. It made you realize why Stolas sought out something more enjoyable with Blitz.

Having left the kitchen without even taking a bite, you pondered on how to spend the day. Perhaps you could convince Striker to join you and be in the same vicinity as Stolas and Blitz for a so-called "comfort night." Since it was still early, you could spend the daylight hours with Striker and then have a movie night with Stolas. Tomorrow was your only day off, so you could leave the manor afterwards and sleep in your own bed, in your own apartment.

As you sat up, ready to text Striker, a faint knocking sound caught your attention from the balcony door. You turned to see the mischievous imp you had been thinking about, leaning against the frame with a smirk, his spiky tail swaying.

You couldn't help but blush as you took in the sight of Striker in more casual attire.

Striker approached as you were lost in your thoughts, using one of his clawed fingers to lift your chin. "Hellcat got your tongue, darlin'?" he asked, a playful tone in his voice.

You looked into his eyes, scoffing and looking away. "As if, you damn snake," you retorted, playfully pushing him away as you stood up. "I was just thinking we could go for a drive today. Since you showed me around in Wrath, I could return the favor and show you around here in Pride," you suggested, slipping on your shoes since you were already dressed.

"Are you asking me on a date?" Striker teased, making you snort, a smile tugging at your lips. "Sure, whatever. I just hope you didn't damage my car while you were sleeping in it instead of being here with me," you replied, brushing your hair before grabbing your phone.

"I've already told you, I'm not some charity case for these pompous elites," Striker hissed lightly, and you rolled your eyes. "You can be so stubborn sometimes. If I were tied up and gagged in this bed, you wouldn't even notice."

Striker's dangerous grin instantly spreads across his face as he swiftly wraps his tail around your waist, tossing you onto the bed with a roughness that takes you by surprise. Before you can even gasp, you find yourself pinned on your back, your eyes widening as you gaze up into his intense eyes.

"I can assure you, if you were ever bound and gagged on a bed, it would be because I wanted it that way," Striker says in his gravelly, sultry voice, his lips teasingly brushing against yours. His gaze then shifts to the bite mark on your shoulder peeking out from under your shirt, causing his grin to widen.

You squirm beneath him, glaring up at him before managing to gain the upper hand and pin him down this time, a smirk forming on your face. "You're way too confident."

"I just let you win," Striker responds, a low rumble emanating from his chest as he gazes up at you.

Both of you lock eyes for a moment, but you quickly jump off him before he can lean in for a kiss. His tail rattles angrily as you flip him off with a mischievous grin. "Don't get too comfortable."

Striker gets up from the bed, rolling his eyes as he runs a hand through his hair.

You hum, looking over at him innocently. "Have you eaten yet? Because I know a place with some decent breakfast options." You didn't want to mention what had happened earlier, but you were certain he had seen the other owl, Goetia, leaving without being noticed by either of you.

"Sure, darlin'. It's part of you showing me around anyway, isn't it?" Striker replies, and you smile with a nod. "I suppose so." You make sure to text Stolas, letting him know you'll be back before it gets dark, even though you were technically supposed to be guarding him. But you knew Stolas would be fine on his own.