Prologue: 2

The Champions of all the Regions under PLA along with League Chairman Charles Goodshow, were in the same room. Lance Blackthorn of Kanto and Johto, Steven Stone of Hoenn, Cynthia Shirona of Sinnoh, Iris Mitsuki of Unova, Diantha Carnet of Kalos, Kukui Matabe (Replacement Champion) of Alola, Leon Dande of Galar and Geeta Omodaka of Paldea.

They all stared at the screen which was broadcasting the execution of their friend. A friend they didn't even bothered to save.

They watched as Ash was strapped in the Seat with the executioner asking him "Any Last Words?"

They watched as Ash looked at the Camera. There isn't single trace of fear, anger or resentment on his face. Instead a calm smile was plastered there. The same smile which in normal circumstances would have made anyone smile back.

But not today. Not when they knew that behind the smiles hid a thousand sorrows. Sorrows caused by all of them.

"Don't worry. I understand" Ash said softly, smiling all the while "And I forgive you all". His eyes looked at the camera assuringly, as if trying to console them.

Even in death he is as selfless as always.

Iris lets out a whimper of pain, tears falling from her brows eyes, as she did everything not to cry or scream in rage.

Kukui's shoulders slumped, his eyes unfocused and lifeless, staring at the screen. He has a vacant hollow look of someone who had lost everything.

Cynthia bit her lips so hard it bled. Her Garchomp's Pokeball, which was strapped to her waist, shook violently. The Pokemon inside was trying to break out as it sensed her mistress's agitation.

Diantha favored better. As an actress and living with an Gardevoir had taught her excellent control of her emotions. But still she clenched her fists so hard, that her nails digged inside her palm causing it to bleed, causing red smears to appear in her white gloves.

Both Geeta and Leon were unable to look at the screen. Tears streaming from their eyes, they only looked at the ground blankly.

Both Steve and Lance were hollow eyed. Both of them had an easier time controlling themselves, being a businessman and other being a Soldier. But it was still hard seeing someone you considered brother, someone you know as innocent, is getting killed.

Goodshow looked uncomfortable with all this. He was fidgeting and his palms were sweaty.

They watched as the poison did it's deadly job, as Ash's breathing slowed before stopping. His once beautiful eyes becoming lifeless and unseeing. But he still had his smile on his face.

Back at the execution chamber, the Executioner seeing the job had been done motioned at the doctor, who quickly stepped forward to look at the victim.

The Doctor checked the vitals before looking at his watch "Time of Death 12:30 PM"

The Executioner nodded, opening the door allowing two Hospital staffs to enter the room with a strecher. They quickly opened the straps holding Ash's lifeless body before lifting it to the stretcher.

Back with the Champions, Lance turned to Goodshow "What will happen with his body?" The Dragon Master's tone is hollow, as his vacant eyes stared at Charles.

Goodshow guped, as everyset of eyes turned to him. He fidgeted as he slowly answered "Well...." He coughed "The standard procedure of any Criminal receiving the highest Capital punishment.........

"Cut the Tauros Crap, Charles" Leon shouted angrily wiping his tears as he looked at the Old man "Tell us what they will do with Ash's body?".

"What do you think they would do?" Steven said blankly "Standard League procedure of executed Criminal is to dispose of their body in Ocean"