Chapter 14

Trigger warning! This chapter contains explicit descriptions of sexual and physical

assault. Continue with caution.

~

A soft sigh flowed from Sakura's chest as she slowly began to wake, 'I'm so comfortable; I wish I could stay in bed all day.' Suddenly, the warmth against her shifted, and her hair was brushed from her face. Eyes fluttering open, she saw a bare chest. Terror flooded her entire body, ice shooting through her veins.

~Flashback~

Groaning, Sakura's brow furrowed. She'd been asleep but was roused by a weight atop her. When she opened her eyes, they locked onto blue ones and widened. That was when the poor woman realized what'd woken her up.

"Wh-What are you doing? Stop! Are you insane?"

Her boyfriend didn't stop. Something tied around her wrists kept them from moving more than a few inches off the bed. His hands pressed against the backside of her thighs, pressing them roughly apart and down against her chest. Holding them still as she tried to kick and fight him posed no challenge.

Sobbing, the woman squeezed her eyes closed and tried to make her mind go somewhere far away so she wouldn't have to experience the disgusting act he was forcing upon her. The tempo of his movements hadn't even stuttered since she woke.

"Look at me, Sakura."

"Fuck you."

The relatively rough way the man moved became violent, obviously intending to cause pain. Green eyes shot open in surprise, a cry leaving her mouth.

"That's better." He didn't become much gentler and spoke in a forced voice, tense with effort as he continued, "Why are you crying, Saku? You're my girlfriend, and I'm your boyfriend. If you woke me up like this, I'd be thrilled."

"You're hurting me! Stop, it hurts!"

Again, the man didn't stop.

~End Flashback~

A cry of fear left the woman, and she shoved against his chest, trying desperately to get away from him, "N-No, don't! Get off!"

Sakura fumbled, reaching under the pillow and grabbing the knife she hid there, opening it as she cowered against the wall with tears running down her face and trembling from head to toe. The weapon was pointed threateningly at the man in her bed.

"Hey! Hey, it's okay! It's me!"

Green eyes widened as she recognized the handsome, bewildered face before her. The man stood, holding the blanket to cover his lower body with one hand, the other lifted up in a calming matter.

"...Sasuke...?"

'But it.... It was him! He was here, in this bed! He was...!'

"Sakura, hand me the knife." Gasping, the woman dropped the weapon in her hand, and he picked it up without moving his attentive gaze from her face.

"I-I'm so sorry! I-I-I swear, I...." She trailed off, eyes glazing over as she recalled how realistic the memory that'd played across her vision had been. It'd been weeks since she'd had that dream. That experience, plus the fact that he'd thrown her through that window, was the event that made Sakura run away from Konoha.

Sasuke knelt by the bed, tilting his head as he studied her cowering appearance, "Were you-" "N-Nightmare. It was just a nightmare; I'm sorry!"

She knew he didn't believe her, and he knew she knew it, but neither acknowledged that.