part 3- shitty fathers

when jj and rylie got home, they were met with a drunk luke. "where the hell have you been" he asked as they walked through the front door. "out" rylie spit "answer my god damn question you little shit" he breathed down her face after grabbing her hair. "john b's place, god relax" rylie huffed, slapping his arm away from her hair.

"you shouldn't have done that ryles" jj frowned knowing what was coming next. "whatever he can fuck off" she said just loud enough for her dad to hear. "that's it" luke started. he slapped her across the face and spit in her direction. he stormed up closer to her and whispered "if your not in my room by 11:00 tonight you'll get the rest of that when i find you" he warned.

jj was well aware that his father was a junkie asshole who liked to hurt his kids, but he didn't know the kind of torture he was putting his daughter through. ryles kept it hidden from everyone, including her brother. when it wasn't happening she just wanted to forget about it, so she shoved it down as far as she could and never talked about it ever.

rylie stormed out of the house and started walking in the direction of her most recent flings house, dylan. "why'd you have to do that" jj huffed at his dad, earning a slap across the face as well. he spent the rest of his day blasting music and punching more holes in his wall until his anger finally made him pass out.

dylan's house was only a 20min walk which was convenient for her boy if the month. she sent him a text saying she was outside and he walked her through his front door and into his room.

immediately she grabbed his lips with hers and aggressively started making out. "what got into you tonight" he asked breathlessly in between kisses "hopefully you, can you do that or should i find someone else?" she sassily replied. "oh trust me i can make it work" he assured her. he started giving into her with as much energy and aggression as she was giving him.

———

around midnight dylan offered to drive her back, but she declined wanting some alone time before facing her father. she didn't let him in on that part though. she knew he was going to be pissed. she was an hour and a half late, and the guy that he was selling her to was probably waiting too. but she didn't care about any of it, i'm fact she stopped at the beach on her way back. she promised herself that she would be home by 1:30 at the latest.

rylie found a spot on the sand that was covered by a bush. it was the middle of the night but she still liked the feeling of the bush "protecting" her. she brought out her lighter and a joint from her pocket, bringing the pair to her lips. while she was playing with the lighter, she held it up to her arm and stared at it. "what if..." she mumbled and held the flame to her wrist for a few seconds. she hissed at the pain the first time, but after the 4th or 5th she stopped flinching. she wanted to see how long she could hold it up for and where it hurt the most. her left wrist was covered in burn marks that could easily be covered by bracelets, but she noticed that she should probably stop or there will be nothing left to hide.

rylie collected herself and started her journey back home. she was met at the door with a man stabbing her in the arm with something. "what the fuck" she cursed. "it's a sedative sweetie" he assured "should wear off in a couple hours" he added. she felt herself slowly lose consciousness while being dragged to her fathers room.

while in her fathers room, the man paid luke $100, $25 less than he was supposed to because of how late she was. the man used her body in several different ways while the poor underage girl was passed out. when the man left, luke came in and passed out next to her.

———
when rylie woke up, she was half naked while her father slept next to her. the idea of him doing something to her crossed her mind but she didn't want to think about if it was true or not. she put her clothes back on her body and quietly ran to her bedroom, where she wiped herself down before putting new clothes on and sitting in the corner of her room. she brought out the lighter again, craving the heat on her body. she pulled down her shorts and decided to attack her thighs with it, just high enough so that it wouldn't be seen when she was wearing shorts.

she brought out her pocket knife and took her pain out even more on the other side. so much so, that she had to get the first aid kit from the bathroom and give herself stitches. a trail of blood leaked down her leg and across the hall way from her room to the bathroom. she didn't even think to clean it up, she just wanted to keep hurting herself without having to deal with the consequences. she just wanted the inside pain to stop so she made it physical.

eventually, rylie had a minor overdose on melatonin and fell asleep in her bed and didn't wake up for another 2 days.