part 8- nightmares

"jj go away!" rylie shouted from inside the bathroom. "not until you tell me what the hell you're doing" he shouted back. "i'm not doing what you think i'm doing and that's all i'm telling you" she replied? kicking the door behind her.

"fine i'll just wait out here" he told her, leaning against the wall. "you're so annoying" rylie told him. "just looking out for you" she told her "well stop i don't need it" rylie replied. "when are we gonna stop having this argument" jj asked "when you realize i'm not a child and don't need you to protect me anymore" rylie instantly said "then i guess we're never gonna stop having it" jj snapped back.

rylie came out of the bathroom and jj instantly grabbed her wrists and looked for any new markings. "show me" he told her pointing down to her legs. "jj i really don't want to-" she was cut off by him saying "rylie i really don't care and you remember what happened last time you didn't wanna show me"

she rolled up her shorts and proved to him that nothing was there. "told ya" she rolled her eyes "whatever" jj flicked her forehead before walking back to his room. "i'm going to jbs, you coming?" rylie asked "maybe in like an hr, i gotta go help ricky with something first but i'll be there for dinner" he told his sister. she hummed in response and left her house, making the walk to the chateau.

"where is everybody?" she asked walking in. it was just john b and her. "popes helping his dad and kies mom is making her try on midsummer dresses" "exciting"rylie flared her eyes at him.

"wanna go to my room?" jb asked "yea i brought you a little something" rylie grinned "oh yea?" jb smiled back "mhm and you're really gonna love it" she laughed "drum roll pleaseeeee" she added. john b started tapping on his knees "ta-da" she said pulling out a joint and holding it up to him. "oh you know me so well" he smiled grabbing it from her fingers and bringing it to his room.

they flopped on the bed next to each other on their stomachs and passed the joint between the two of them. "god is so good" john b moaned, blowing smoke out from his mouth. "that he is" rylie laughed. "if there really is one" she added "what makes you say that?" john b asked "idk i mean if there is one why would he purposefully make luke my dad" rylie shrugged. "fair enough" john b acknowledged but dropped the subject.

after several minutes of passing it back and forth, john b noticed that rylie wasn't talking anymore. he looked over to ask her something but noticed she was asleep with her arm hanging off his bed. john b laughed before grabbing his shitty game boy and playing with it while she slept,

———
"mom?" rylie called "mommy where are you?" she added "shh it's ok ryles, i'm here" jj coaxed "i don't want you i want mommy" she screamed, tears flowing down her face. rylie was 5 and jj was 7. "when's she gonna come back?" rylie sniffled "that worthless bitch is never coming back" luke called, kicking his two children out of his way.

"what?" rylie looked up at jj, more tears starting to form "why not" she asked "because she doesn't love you anymore, now drop it before i beat her memory out of your thick skull" luke threatened.

suddenly she was 13 getting stabbed with a needle, and getting tied up to her fathers bed while getting stripped by a stranger. "are you gonna be a good little girl and listen to daddy?" the creep muttered. "y-you're not my dad" rylie choked. "i'm gonna take real good care of ya" the man whispered, stroking her hair. "you're disgusting" rylie spat. "oh come on baby you don't mean that" the man replied, sticking two fingers down her throat.

rylie bit the man's fingers so hard they almost started bleeding. "you fucking bitch" the man said, slapping her across the face" he then grabbed her neck and started choking her, daring her to pass out. "no, NO i'm sorry! just stop please i'll be good, please" rylie cried, wishing her mom was her to save her. this was the last time she thought of her mom as a saving grace instead of jj.
———