𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

~"dumbfucks. did you at least make it hurt?"~

Velvet starts off the night by predictably being presented as sexy, and then Silk goes up and portrays himself as a beat. It's a miracle I didn't burst out in laughter.

Kaia, Bellamy's district partner, goes up and was witty. Bellamy does sort of the same, but he is also very charming. Nobody is doubting his physical power.

After the boy from Three presents as smart, which we all know already, and returns to his seat, I'm called up.

"She's the sister of Finnick Odair! She's your highest scoring tribute! SHE IS...CALLYN ODAIR!" Ceasar Flickerman calls out amid the deafening applause.

I stand and walk over to Caesar, smiling out at the crowd. Caesar and I shake hands before sitting down. Both his hair and eyelids are colored dark green.

"So. Callyn..." Caesar says. "You've got a twelve in training!"

I spin my hair around my pinky and smile just slightly. "I do."

"You seem like a pretty serious contender in these Games, Callyn. What are your strengths?" Caesar asks.

"Oh...we don't have enough time for that," I say.

The crowd bursts into laughter along with Caesar. "How about your biggest one?" Caesar asks.

I bite my lip as I pretend to think. "Oh, that's hard...I know exactly how these Games work. I know exactly how to play them. It's not all about your ability to pick up heavy things."

"I think I can agree with you there," Caesar says as I spin my hair around my finger again. "You would know a lot about the Games, wouldn't you? With such a legend for a brother. Do you two get along?"

I glance to where I've found Finnick in the crowds. He tilts his head forward just slightly, almost unnoticeably.

"Yes." I pause. "Well, most of the time." Caesar and the audience all laugh.

"Oh, I know what you mean," Caesar says. "I actually have an older brother, too."

"Thankfully, he's not that  bad, but he's still pretty annoying," I say.

Another big laugh. The cameras cut to Finnick, who rolls his eyes humorously.

"So, you're the same age your brother was when he became victor seven years ago. Do you think you'll be joining him on District Four's list of victors?" Caesar asks me seriously.

"Is there really any question about it?" I say confidently. Much more confident than I truly feel.

"What do you say to people who say that you're too young? You are the youngest tribute this year," Caesar says.

"I'd tell them to rethink that. Last time I checked, I wouldn't be the first one to do it. And the first person just happens to be my brother."

The buzzer goes off just as I finish my sentence.

"Unfortunately, we seem to have run out of time. Let's hear it for Callyn ODAIR, our legacy tribute from District Four!" Caesar says.

I return to my seat amongst more applause, extremely glad that it's over. I think I did well, at least. I look to Finnick as Reed walks over to Caesar. Finnick signs to me carefully, his hands hard to make out. Keep it up. You're doing well.

Well, okay then.

I turn my attention to Reed's interview.

"So, Reed, I think we all are wondering about a certain relationship between you and a certain young lady," Caesar says.