𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• chapter two •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"

ⱼᵤₛₜ ᵢgₙₒᵣₑ ᵢₜ ₐₗₗ

  "

Lino adjusts golden necklace fastened around my neck, then looks me in my eyes. "You've got this, alright?"

I nod, not meeting his eyes. 

Lino gives me a second look-over, before beginning to usher me over towards where I'll come out on stage.

"Hold on-Lino-wait a second," Finnick says, coming over and taking a hold of my arm. I flinch at his touch. I haven't quite gotten used to people touching me ever since I came back. Usually Finnick is fine. I must just be jumpy. Finnick places his two hands on my shoulders and looks down at me. "Look, when you get up there, you have to just...ignore it all. The platforms, the banners, the families-I know you, Callyn. If you start looking at them, you're going to freeze. Just get out there, say what you need to say, and get out, alright?"

I just look at him blankly.

Finnick repeats himself, more forcefully this time. "I said, alright?"

This seems to be a really pressing matter to him. I blink. "Yeah, whatever, alright."

Finnick's jaw tenses with my obvious disregard, but he lets me go, nodding at Lino. Lino and Andi escort me to the doors before essentially throwing me out on to the stage. 

All of a sudden, I'm out in front of the entire population of District Twelve. The cold hits me in a burst, and I give in an involuntary shudder. I got a taste of their bitter winter when I first stepped off the train, but I am only just now really feeling it. 

 As I flash a glance towards the crowd, I suddenly think there may be something to what Finnick's said, and I avoid looking towards where I know the families of the fallen tributes are set up. I fix my eyes on the distance, not even looking at the crowd, and step up to the microphone. I swallow.

"Citizens of District Twelve, it is my duty as Victor of the Seventy-Second Hunger Games to offer my condolences towards..." I go through the motions, just trying to keep my mind blank. I can't think about it. I can't freeze up. And then, suddenly, I'm making my closing remarks. "Thank you."

I step back, taking a deep breath, and staring at the floor of the stage. I can't meet their eyes. Not after the bullshit that came out of my mouth, that in no way does anything to help them in the slightest. Their mayor comes onstage, and presents me with a plaque. Yay. Congratulations for winning. He makes his own little speech, and I space out, hardly processing when it is over. Once it's done, I take my leave without hesitation.

I re enter their justice building, Lino coming up to me. "Quick, quick, I only have an hour to get you ready for dinner!"

"I-what?"

"Dinner. We told you about it on the train," Lino says, dragging me off.

"I don't remember that," I protest, upset. Dinner? What, do I get to have a nice chat with the dead children's siblings.

"That's hardly surprising," Finnick says, coming up on my other side. I'm ushered into a room by Lino, that seems to be set up as a sort of prep area. My prep team is in there, ready for me. Finnick follows me in. "You were glazing over everything everyone said."

I roll my eyes. "I didn't think there was anything important any of you had to say."  My hair is taken down from it's previous style, and they begin to wipe off my old make-up.

Finnick leans against the wall. "Well, obviously you were wrong."

"Can we skip the annoying 'I-told-you-so' remarks and move on, please?"

"Yeah, whatever okay. There will be a dinner with the 'elites' of District Twelve." At this, Finnick laughs.

"Would you like to let me in on this crazy humor?"

"There are no elites," Finnick says with a degrading snort. "It's, let me see, the mayor, his kids, his wife, and Haymitch. And then their Head Peacekeeper. Cray. Do me a favor and stay away from him, alright?"

I frown. "Why?"

"Just do it alright? When have I ever asked you to do something without a reason?"

Finnick has a bit too much attitude for my liking at the moment. "Fine, whatever you say, Mr I-Know-Everything."

Finnick decides to ignore my comment. "I have a feeling Haymitch will like you." Finnick pauses, then frowns. "Well, he probably won't hate you, at least."

"Well, that's a comfort," I remark sarcastically.

Finnick sighs. "Okay, I'm done. Call me if you need me, I'll see you when you're ready."

≋~≋~≋~≋~≋~≋

hey again guys

sorry its short, but it was a good stopping point.

who's ready to meet haymitch?

also, quick question-is there anyone you want to see her end up with?>>>>>>>>>

xx

maddie

PT TWO:

GUYS WHAT THE FLIPADOODLE I AM #4 IN HUNGERGAMES AND #1 IN THG WHATATATT