𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

~"how does it feel to be a victor?"~

Bellamy's mutilated body rises, almost like its being pulled up by strings. Like a puppet. His empty, soulless eyes find me as his body begins jerkily moving towards me.

"You did this to me." Bellamy says. "You. You're the reason."

I wake up to a scream before realizing it was me. Breathing heavily, I try to calm myself down. The door to my room opens and Finnick walks in. He doesn't say anything. Just sits down next to me and pulls me into his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Callyn, tell me, how does it feel to be a victor?" Caesar asks me

The final interview before I can go home.

"Um..." Terrible. But I can't say that, can I? "Wonderful."

"How are you feeling? You had quite the collection of injuries. It hurt just to watch," Caesar says, cackling.

"I'm totally fine thanks to the hard work of the Capitol doctors," I answer. "I'm very grateful for them."

Caesar asks me more questions, and I answer them. I'm not necessarily doing bad, but the my performance is barely passable.

Once Caesar signs off, everyone does a lot of celebrating. Another successful Hunger Games. But I'm just so tired. I want to go home. 

When we pull into District Four's train station, there's a massive crowd waiting outside. Linden and Finnick walk on either side of me, Finnick's hand on my shoulder. 

At the front of the crowd, waiting, are Shorlan and Kian. I finally burst out of my haze and go running for them.

I'm home.

for now, anyway.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

oh my has it been a ride

xx

maddie