Chapter Five - The Good & The Bad

Every action has an echo,
Wether it be one of good intentions,
Or one that is filled with devious morals,
It all depends on the individual's perception.
—————————————————————

Things were tense between them whilst they walked along the pavement, passing by various people. They have not spoken a word to one another after having been dismissed by the King. Axton was leading Krata through the streets of Olympus as the mortal-turn-Goddess followed loosely behind him. Neither of them seems to what to say, or even know if they wanted to say anything at all. Looking ahead; the Forger's Son looks ahead to see that they were about to hit the marketing district.

Thinking of the overall situation, Axton sighs quietly to himself before turning the woman.

"So, Krata, how are you liking Olympus so far?"

The woman seems to register his question but does not answer him right away, either because she didn't know what to say or just refuses to do so altogether. Axton grinted his teeth together since another uncomfortable moment of tension had befallen between them. This wasn't getting them anywhere... how could he make conversation with her?

An idea struck him as they came upon the market space.

"You know, you did many of us a service for getting rid of Ares, even if they don't say anything about it."

That seemed to have gotten a reaction. Krata looks at him with a look of perplex and uncertainty though quickly tries to hide it. Axton used this as a sign that he was getting somewhere.

"Ares was an arrogant fool that believed himself to be the best ever since he was born. All that man cared for was war and battle, going as far as to even challenge Zeus himself. I'd believed there would a time where that bastard would be taken down a peg or two... but you did more than that. Ares had caused many of us grieve — some more than others — and it was about time SOMEONE did him in. So, when no one else will say it, thank you Krata."

The tattooed woman seemed rather bewildered by the man's compliment towards the death of Ares. She appears to be conflicted as her eyes drifted towards their surroundings. The Olympus Market was similar to any marketing space within Greece yet vastly different; various vendors and shops surrounding a large area within Olympus. They vary in what is sale and who is running the shop. For example, Lady Demeter has several shops within the district that sales any crop/grain/food that has been grown by herself and was manage by different servants. Same goes for many Gods & Goddesses that are able to produce a product or item akin to their 'line of work'.

His father did not have but one shop and that was his main workshop within the mounds of Mount Olympus.

Walking through the Market, Axton glances towards Krata, the woman seemingly unfazed by being around so many immortals. However — his keen eye was able to see the flickering glances she sends to her surroundings. Her shoulders were slight tense and could see the soft twitch from her hands, as if she was expecting to be attacked.

He looks around the market himself, not seeing anyone looking at their direction at first but he did notice a couple of wondering looks thrown at them. Axton should've figured this would be an outcome; it may not be wide known right now but no doubt rumors had begun to spread about how a mortal killed a God. It was something unheard of and to be fair — many of the other Gods & Goddesses might not be as accepting of Krata as he has been so far.