ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵: 𝔄 𝔐𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱

A heart can be such double sided,On one hand it allows one to achieve strength,On another it brings about so much pain,It is an issue that allures not just mortalsBut so to the Gods as well.
--------------------------

Things have been going smoothly in Axton's (*personal*) professional opinion, Krata has gotten herself used to everyday life on Olympus, despite the first couple of weeks that were rather tense. The mortal-turn-goddess had taken possession of the once 'great' God of War and now seats upon the Throne. Axton tends to visit Krata whenever he's bored or just wanted to speak to the woman, in which confuses the later greatly. At the moment – it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that Axton and Krata were close with one another, acquaintances at most. The Minor God found her presence interesting since she was so different compared to everyone else on Mount Olympus.

There were many that were still untrusting and concerned about Krata, Axton paid no attention to them.

Even Apollo and Artimes seem to be a bit distant now after he made it known that he and Krata often talk to one another. The twins would say a few words here and there but didn't stay for long conversations. The Forgery God was a bit sadden to see his closet friends keeping their distance, no doubt getting caught up in all the gossip.

So, instead, he would spend his remaining hours in the forge; crafting and smithing different items. His father notices his son frequently visiting the forges and staying for longer periods of time than he would usually. He felt like there was something going on but did not know how to approach the subject so instead let it go for now. For now, Hephaestus and Axton work together to complete orders or just smith.

--------------------
Mount Olympus – Axton's House

Axton was currently sitting on a rock just outside of his home, munching on an apple and watching the clouds passing overhead. Every cloud was a different shape compared to the next one that passed by. He could see a butterfly in one and an eagle in another, so many shapes under one sky. But the Minor God sighs before finishing off the apple and setting it ablaze with fire from his hand.

He just didn't understand, why was everyone so on edge?

Sure, Karta – a mortal woman at the time – had managed to kill an Olympian with the power of Pandora's Box, and yes, said mortal was made into the newest Goddess of War but did it really warrant all this commotion. The way Axton sees it, everything had turned out better; Ares was dead and Krata was a good replacement. Of course, she did not seem to fully trust anyone nor communicate a lot, but progress was being made. For now, it seemed like things were winding down and the blacksmith was taking it easy.

However, before Axton could continue to think on this subject, there were sounds of footsteps approaching behind him. He turned and was shocked to see who it was – the Goddess of Wisdom, Athena. It was weird to see the Olympian Goddess anywhere that wasn't either her temple or somewhere near the Grand Olympus Library.

Athena simply walked up and took a seat on a rock across from Axton and just observed the clouds, just like he had a few minutes ago.

The two sat there for a moment, silence in between the pair, until the young smith God broke the silence.

" Why are you here Athena? "

" Can't a Goddess visit a friend? " Athena gave Axton a small smile, but he could tell there was something there. A hidden conflict in the woman's eyes that hazed over them a bit. Clearly, she could see that Axton knew there was something up and let's loose a sigh.

" I wanted to talk to you about Krata. "

" Okay.... "

" Tell me, how much do you know about? "

" Not much, she isn't much of a talker. " Axton had tried to garner some kind of conversation from the mortal-turned-Goddess, but Krata never gave him anything to work with. Athena nodded seemingly in understanding before speaking up.

" Krata's life before all this was as a Soldier of Sparta, a woman who could not talk the solidary lifestyle of normal women. She was born to be a warrior, every time someone told her she couldn't, Krata showed them how wrong they were. Soon enough she became a soldier then was turned into a General. She led thousands into battle and won many battles but there was one that she couldn't win against. " Athena went on to explain about the Barbarians and their king – Alrik – marching against the Spartans. It was a massacre due to the sheer number that was overwhelming Krata and her men. That's when the truth was reveal; how Krata made a deal with Ares, how it cost her so much in return, killing her husband and child. From there were the many years of servitude to the Gods to be rid of the nightmares that hunt her memories.At the end of the story, Axton didn't know what to think, his mind still processing the whole thing in every little detail.

" ..... Why... Why did she have to go through all that? "

" I could not say, Axton, but know this... I am certain that Krata might learn to heal with your help. "

" My help? " He wasn't quite sure where the Goddess was going with this.

" You already been helping by just interacting with her. Offering up at least some form of kindness to her way after years of struggling. I can see it, she may noy know it, but it is there. " Axton took what Athena said into consideration yet was still somewhat conflicted. Could he really help Krata after having lost so much?

Athena rose from the rock she sat upon before looking up to the sky once more. " It is a beautiful day, is it not? " With that, the Goddess of Wisdom left the young Smith God alone with his thoughts. His wondering over the details and information he's received today from talking with Athena.

Was it truly possible for Axton to help the Goddess of War?

----------------------

Ending of Chapter Six

Coming up next:

" Chapter Seven -- Family Matters "