Research and Development

Researcher POV:

It had been a few days since it had arrived, and I had written some notes down on its behavior and was trying to determine its intelligence, as today he had noticed something off about it. Today it was kneeling on the ground, panting as it looked down at the ground, before it suddenly started to vomit out a black liquid onto the ground repeatedly, much to his surprise.

Researcher:"One of you should get the commander and inform her of this sudden change!"

He watches in disgust and interest behind the glass and his clipboard as it continues to vomit before spasming out and screaming out in pain, banging and clawing against the floor as one of the guards rushes out to inform Sieran before the black reaper starts to convulse as its body starts to rapidly change as it grows two more muscular arms as its body becomes more muscular and taller, and its face and body begin to shake themselves like a canine anthro as he watches it in awe and quickly starts writing everything down before it stands up again and lets out a new scream before it wipes its mouth and sits back down before Sieran bursts through the door.

Sieran:"What's going on!"

Researcher:"You missed such a transformation. I think I just have to witness it evolve."

Sieran:"It what!?"

Sieran would rush over to the window as she looked at the black reaper, who had now evolved into a different look. A shocked expression was written on her face before she turned back to the researcher.

Sieran:"Please tell me it's still passive before it tries anything!"

It slowly stood up and walked towards the one-way mirror before it opened its mouth, failing to produce a word until there was a faint word.

???:"Ma.. Ma.. Ril."

Researcher:"It spoke did you hear that? It spoke, and this will go down in history as the first time anyone has experienced a black reaper speak!"

Sieran:"Did it just say Maril? Does it want Maril?"

Researcher:"I do believe so, whoever that is."

Sieran:"I'll be right back."

Sieran left the room, leaving the researcher and both guards confused as they waited while looking at the now-evolved creature in front of them. After a few minutes, Sieran would return with Maril, with an arm cast, walking into the room.

Sieran:"Maril, this black reaper said your name. I'm not sure if it's requesting you, but would you like to enter that room with the same creature you brought back, although it has evolved? I will only do this if you give me your confirmation."

Maril:"If it really does want me, I'll Do it, but if something bad happens to me, will you compensate my family?"

Sieran:"You have my word."

Maril:"Put me in."

??? POV:

The door to the soundproof room opened, and in walked Maril, looking intimidated by its new body as it turned its head towards Maril and approached her.

Maril:"H-Hey It's me again. You remember me, right?"

It grabbed both of her shoulders as she looked uncomfortable before it started sniffing her. It smiled, although it was more unsettling, before it backs off and continues to look at her before she pulls out a piece of beef jerky.

Maril:"Want it for old times sake?"

It immediately went to grab it before starting to eat it as it looked at her and sat down before its other two hands grabbed her and brought her down with them.