Chapter 4

2 months later

Victoria's point of view

The next 2 months were filled with emotions, preparations and expectations. My approaching departure for New York filled me with excitement and anxiety in one. I wasn't sure how I would adapt to life in a big city, but at the same time it made me feel alive and full of energy.

With my best friend Naomi, I spent every free moment. She was my support in everything. Together we went around the shops, prepared dinners and talked about everything. Those were the moments I wanted to keep forever.

Together with Naomi, we planned how to maintain a long-distance relationship. We promised to write regularly and tell each other everything that happened to us. Her support was valuable and I felt lucky to have someone like her by my side.

Choosing an apartment was one of my first challenges. Finding a suitable place in the huge city was more difficult than I had imagined. The last few weeks I spent looking at ads, going around, comparing different areas. Finally, I was able to find a small apartment in a good neighborhood that was close to the university. I furnished it with my favorite things - books, drawings and small souvenirs from my adventures with my girlfriend

But it wasn't just Naomi who was important. My parents played a key role in my preparations for the new stage of my life. Every night after work, we gathered around the dinner table and shared our day. Their advice and support was what I couldn't imagine not having.

After long and strenuous days of work and preparations, I found solace in music. I spent the evenings with my guitar writing lyrics and creating melodies. Music was my expression of emotions, what gave me the opportunity to relax and get rid of everything.

Together with my parents, Naomi and my music world, I was trying to create and preserve memories that will accompany me in the next chapter of my life. Every day I got closer and closer to my departure, but it also reminded me how important it was to go back to my roots and appreciate those who had given me the strength to grow and dream.

With each passing week, the day of my departure was getting closer. I didn't know when I would get a chance to see my birthplace and my friends and everything I had left behind. The future was full of unknowns, but I knew I had to take that step forward. So, with a mixture of emotions - joy, fear, impatience - I continued to prepare for this great adventure that awaited me in New York.

The day of departure has come. My luggage was closed, and my feelings were torn between excitement and fear. The goodbyes were emotional and hard. Naomi hugged me, and my parents looked at me with pride and tenderness. At that point I realized that they are my greatest support and will be here regardless of distance.

So, I went to a new beginning - to New York and my dreams. With wounds on the heart, but with confidence in your soul. Time will tell what awaits me there, but I know that with their words and love in my heart I will cope with everything that comes my way.

When I stepped aboard the plane, my heart was beating fast. Excitement and anxiety merged into one. My mood was a mixture of challenge and impatience. I sat in my seat and looked out the window at the world I was leaving behind.

On the plane, I decided to buy coffee to recharge with energy for the upcoming adventure. I sat down and listened to music I loved. These moments of calm encouraged me and reminded me that everything that happens is part of life's incredible journey.

After a few hours in the air, I got a message from Naomi. She had sent me pictures from Hollywood, showing the celebrities, the tall palm trees and the glamour of the big city. With a smile I looked at the photos and answered, sharing her joy. I was so happy that she was already there and that she was living her own adventures.