On To The Next Challenge

The players of Seirin started to walk back to the bench to get ready.

Kuroko and Aomine walked past each other, not saying a word. There couldn't be anything to say even if they wanted to.

Momoi looked in sadness as she looked up to you and loved Tetsu, '(Y/N)-senpai...Tetsu...'

Kise and Midorima saw the whole game and watched from the stands.

You stood there, not able to move. Not even caring to pick up the clipboard you dropped when you heard the buzzer of the end of the game.

Kagami beside you had a towel above his head to cover his expression.

"See you later, Kise." Midorima started to leave making Kise surprised, "That was fast! Aren't you a little shocked at scores at least?"

"You should be worried about Kuroko and (Y/N) instead of me." Midorima stopped to speak to him.

"Huh?" Kise was confused.

"Kuroko's basketball was completely useless against Aomine. It must have been quite psychologically damaging. (Y/N)'s date as well, with even being better than, Momoi, she was crushed by her own student's data she collected. That must have been a hard thing to process for her." Midorima stated.

"Not only that, but Seirin is still a young team. It won't be easy for them to come back from that overnight. We can only hope it won't affect their two remaining games." Midorima stated, now walking away.

'Please don't lose your smile, (Y/N). I know you're better than this.' The star shooter begged you to not lose sight of another opportunity, wanting to see you happy.

In the Touou locker room, Wakamatsu cheered at winning their first match, "We destroyed our opponents in our first game of the championship league!"

Drinking his water bottle, the captain turned to Wakamatsu, "We know. You don't have to yell." Imayoshi told Wakamatsu, he flinched at his captain's tone.

"I thought they'd be stronger, considering they beat Shutoku." Some of the benched players of Touou spoke badly of Seirin, mostly You and Kuroko.

"Especially number 11, Kuroko, right? He was absolute shit towards the end! He was uptight about it until the very end. He should've given up sooner." One of the other benched players laughed.

"Yeah, but their cute manager is hot! Wish she joined our school as well. She and that number 11 seemed close. She's got a bad taste in teams and men! Damn, she must be a dumb girl for brains but had the looks." A player added, smirking even.

"Huh...?!" Momoi was shocked to hear such things about the boy she liked and her old mentor.

Aomine couldn't stand his mouth tapping and put him against the lockers, scaring the player.

"You sure talk a lot for someone who didn't play. It's annoying, so shut up." Aomine only grew even more angry when hearing you being badmouthed.

"Don't you fucking speak about (N/N), again! Or else I'll kill you!" Aomine threatened, almost seeing red when hearing someone dare talk bad about you especially.

"Aomine! What are you doing? Let him go!" Wakamatsu shouted at him.

Without saying anything further, Aomine threw the player aside roughly and walked out of the locker room, "What's his problem?"

'Aomine-kun...' Momoi looked at her childhood friend, she realized that he still cared for you.

In the Seirin locker room, Kagami hit the lockers, "Damn it!"