Chapter 1

The sounds of people bustling around, glasses being moved around on the bar and laughter ringing in my ears. When I got home my mother immediately told me we were going to visit some friends at the River City golf course where I used to work. I tried to say I was tired and didnt feel like going out but she wasnt having it and insisted that we go out with my aunt Suzanna too meet up with some of our old coworkers. I reluctantly agreed and now here I am, my thoughts fuzzy and my laughter loud.
      "Another round?" Suzanna askes before laughing "of course another round what was I even thinking!"
     Her laugh is loud and contagious and pretty soon were all holding another shot and giggling like little girls. The familiar ding of someone walking into the the bar sound faintly in my ears as I set my glass on the bar not thinking anything of it. Suzanna and my Mom turn to look at who just walked in and immediately start shouting.
     "ADIEN!!!"
     The name sounds familiar but I can't put a face the the name. I swivel my stool around in the direction of their shouting and recognize the man that everyone would fangirl over when I was 16 and working at River City. looking him over I realize that somehow hes only gotten even more attractive, he has a 5 o'clock shadow like he hasnt shaved in a few days and he has a few more tattoos, though he still has the same hair cut, just barely a mullet.
     I don't realize I'm staring until I feel a nudge on my shoulder and I'm shaken from my daze, turning to one of my favorite past coworkers, Violet.
     "Hot bartender back in town baby." she lets out a low whistle and we both burst into laughter at the old nickname we gave him.
     "I'd say it still fits." I turn my stool back towards the bar and order a Paloma.
     "Oh yeah definitely still hot, damn if I wasn't in a happy relationship I would totally hit that."
I almost spit my drink out when I start laughing.
     "We knew it then we know it now he is way out of our league girl."
     We drift the conversation to her and her boyfriend of a few years, she seems to think that Max might propose soon. She says that hes been jumpy and a seems really nervous about certain things. As we continue the conversation I go to take a sip of my drink but find it to be gone already, still listening to Violette I turn towards the bar to order another drink, I startle a little when I see Adien right in front of us, he gives me a quick smile as he takes a few steps closer to where I'm sitting.
     "What can I get for a pretty lady like you?"
      It takes me a second for me to collect myself and actually come up with a response.
     "Ive heard you make a killer margarita." I can   feel my face and ears get red.
     "One margarita coming right up."
     He quickly gets to work on making my drink as Violet squeals quietly and shoves me in the shoulder.
     "Girl! He was so flirting with you." she says excitedly.
     "Violet he called me a pretty girl and doing his job of being a bartender, your letting your delusion show."
     She huffs and I laugh turning back to the bar just as Adien slides the drink towards me.
     "There you go pretty lady."
     I give him a sweet smile before he winks and walks over to take another persons order, before I can fangirl too much I feel my phone buzz and pull it out to see a notification form my mom.

     Suzanna and I went home I rode with her so and left my keys in the car for when you want to leave. Love you be safe.

    I send her a quick thank you before turning back to Violet and asking her about what her dream wedding would be. The conversation lasts for the rest of the night and pretty soon theres only a few other people left at the bar with us.
     "You ladies have a ride home?" Violette and I jump a little at the sound of Adiens voice next or us.
     "Oh yeah I'm driving her home don't worry." I tell him.
     I only had a few drinks and have had strictly water for the past hour and a half, but Violet has had at least 6 shots in the last half hour. I laugh as she stumbles slightly as she stands from her stool.
     "I never caught your names, is it to late to ask for them now?" Adien asks as he wipes down the counter infront of me.
     "I'm Violeeeeeet!" she says it a little louder than necessary but Adien just laughs.
     "And you?"
     "Varen, Varen Di Maggio."
     "Varen? Suzannas' niece Varen?"
     I nod as Violette leans against me practically asleep already.
     "Last time I saw you you were 16 or 17, running around the kitchen. What are you 25 now?" he gives me a heartmelting smile after he says that.
     "Almsot 26, it was nice talking too you but i really need too get Violette home before she passes out or throws up on me, or both."
     Adien laughs, "Yeah that wouldn't be fun, maybe I'll see you guys around."
     I wave to him as I lead Violet out the door and towards my moms car. I help her into the seat and get her buckled in as she fiddles with the radio stations and the volume. As I get into the car and start it up I begin to think. Maybe he was flirting with me. I stop that thought as soon as it starts remebering where my last relationship got me. I pull out of the parking lot and head towards Violets house, sending off a quick text to Max to let him know we're on our way.
     After a few minutes I pull into Violets driveway and turn the car off, getting out and greeting Max as he comes out of the house. We get her out of the car and into the house after a little bit of struggling and laughing. I say good bye and pull out of the driveway and start on my way home.
     On the way I think back to Nick and all the good things that he did for me like taking care of me in college when I was to drunk to get home on my own, soon I can feel the hot tears on my face but I quickly wipe them away.
     No. No more guys, no Nick, no Adien. No men, not for  a while at least. Little did I know that some one was waiting for me and was willing to wait as long as it took for me to be ready for him.