Chapter 9

Fix a heart

Chapter 9

"...here's what I've learned - people will hurt you, but you don't have to respond - not every mean comment or cruel act deserves to be noticed ..." -John Geddes

Blair's POV:

*5 days later*

I glare at the top shelf, the Advil bottle somewhat mocking me. I puff out air from my cheeks, hoisting my bag further up my shoulder as I glance around me, looking hopefully for an employee.

I'm not a happy or patient person at 6:45 in the morning; it's not likely for me to drive to the drug store in joy to pick up a bottle of Advil for Sadie's massive headache that had woken her up on a Friday morning.

I try to attempt one more time, stepping onto my tip toes, my arm and fingers stretching to grab the very last bottle that stands on the top shelf; only pushing it back further with my fingertips.

I grunt, throwing a hissy fit as I let my bag slide off my shoulder; letting it carelessly fall to the floor beside me as I pout.

I was about to just go all ninja and start to climb the shelves so I could get out of here; until I hear someone clear their throat, my head snapping to the source.

I grunt out loud as I meet a pair of amused, green eyes; wanting to just leave right this instant and tell Sadie to deal with the pain once I got home empty handed.

"Are you all right there?" Harry asks.

I peer down at what he's wearing; black jeans with a black t-shirt, a cozy looking flannel on top; the sleeves rolled up.

"I'm fine." I huff.

"It looked like you were having some trouble." He raises his eyebrows, glancing to the shelf.

"Were you watching me?" I glare at him. I went almost a week without having to see him; since last Sunday. And now, I run into him at the drug store.

"Well it was kinda hard not to notice as I walked by. You were throwing a bitch fit." He says back.

"What are you doing here this early anyways?" I ask, turning my body completely towards him.

"Out of milk." He answers simply, holding up the gallon that he holds in one hand easily.

In the other, he holds bananas, and a box of cereal is clasped under his arm.

"You look hot by the way." He says sarcastically.

I glance down to my pajama shorts, flip flops, and my old beaten up rolling stones shirt; piercing my eyes at him with a disgusted look on my face.

"Shut up." I snap.

He chuckles, tossling his dark curls.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Sadie needed Advil." I reply.

"Do you guys live together?" He asks.

"Thats none of your business." I snap.

He laughs.

"Do you need me to get that then?" He asks with quirked eyebrows, a smirk crossing his face.

"Yes." I answer sharply.

He shoots me a dirty look at my attitude, before unexpectedly shoving the carton of milk in my direction, making a free hand.

It almost falls out of my grasp before I clutch onto it, Harry effortlessly grabbing the bottle from the top shelf.

I thrust the carton of milk back at his chest, his hand grabbing a hold onto it as he chucks the bottle of Advil at me; falling to my feet.

"You're a jerk." I breath out as I bend down, grabbing the bottle that had rolled away from me. I also grab my purse off the floor that I had bound to pick up, slinging it back up to my shoulder.

"Yeah, well you're welcome." He grumbles.

I scoff before spinning around, stomping down the aisle.

"What no goodbye kiss?!" Harry calls after me teasingly.

"No!" I shout, still walking.

"What happened to you being all over me on Sunday huh?" He asks.

Harrys POV:

Blair turns back around with a laugh.

"You were the one who was basically raping me!" She shouts.

"Oh 'raping you'?" I ask, air quoting the last words.

"You can't rape the willing, love." I smirk.

Her pink lips run into a straight line, her eyes staring at me from down the aisle.

"I told you not to touch me." She defends, pushing her dark locks away from her bright blue eyes.

"Oh, but you sure did let me didn't you?" I ask with a grin.

"I was actually disgusted." She retorts.

I laugh out loud, making her more aggravated.

"By the look of pleasure on your face I could say that is completely false!" I protest.

"Shut up." She growls.

"See you can't even deny it. I bet if I came onto you right now you wouldn't tell me to stop. Just like you didn't on Sunday." I say.

"I did tell you to stop!" She screeches.

"AFTER it happened." I say.

She crosses her arms over her chest as I walk closer to her, her eyebrows scrunched together as she icily glares at me.

"Let me tell you then, don't touch me." She snarls.

I smirk as I fully approach her, leaning my head down to reach her full lips playfully.

"Maybe another time then babe." I whisper lowly, my lips less than and inch away from her incredibly tempting ones.

Her breath hitches, unable to feel her breath fanning on my face anymore; a symbol that she had stopped breathing.

I notice her jaw tense as I back away from her, the distance between our faces decreasing by a short distance, our bodies still inches apart.

A smart smirk appears on her face; her foot kicking my chine unexpectantly.

"Won't you stop hurting me?!" I growl, already scrunched over to hold onto my knee.

"Then stop sexually harassing me!" She screeches.

"I didn't even touch you!" I shout.

She grits her teeth together, her hand moving to clutch onto her purse.

"S-still!" She stutters, this time actually stomping down the aisle, turning around the corner with a huff.

I grumble swear words under my breath as I haul ass down the opposite way of the aisle, ready to pay for my things.

I throw everything on the register, the cashier seeming impossibly slow for my liking.

I huff out a breath as I see Blair approach a different aisle to pay for her Advil, shooting me a glare as she digs out her wallet from her purse, passing the old woman a bill.

She takes the bottle of pills after paying, shoving it into her bag.

I grab my bags, letting them hang from my wrist as I head for the exit. I notice Blair speed up her pace as she tries to make it before me.

I smirk as I make it before her, Blair stomping her foot in irritation as I block the exit. I've noticed she does that when she's angry.

"Move." She says sternly, shoving at my chest.

I laugh hysterically as she uses all her might; both hands placed on my chest as she shoves at me like I'm a bolder in her way.

"Harry just move!" She whines, pushing multiple strands of hair out of her face.

My mums voice runs through my head 'is she what's been making so happy these past few days?'

Whenever I'm around her she makes me laugh; mostly because of her anger towards me but...still.

"Get out of my way, Sadie is waiting for me." She urges.

"Have you ever been to the fun fair?" I ask curiously, leaning against the door frame.

"No! What does that have to do with anything? Move!"

"Let's go to one!" I say with a smile.

"What?" She shakes her head confusedly.

"Go with me to the fun fair." I say simply.

"No."

"I'm not moving until you agree." I smirk.

"Harry."

"Blair."

She rolls her eyes, "Fine I'll go! Just get the hell out of the way!" She huffs.

A satisfied smirk spreads across my face as she pushes passed me once I had moved aside.

"I'll pick you up at 3:00 babe!" I call after her, her head snapping back to give me a glare.

A/N: I LOVE YOU GUYS